Engine noise/tone??

OB_Britabuser

Registered
Just got my 'busa last Friday and I am breaking it in "by the book". I now have 350 miles on it and I have noticed that as the revs approach 5000 the engine tone changes and I get a slight buzz through the entire bike. I presume this is normal but thought I would ask if others have noticed this.

Do all busa's do this or is this an early warning sign of a problem???

Mine does that too! I only have 220 miles but I have noticed that the "buzz" has gotten louder with miles. From earlier posts, the guys are saying that it is the windscreen. One said that you should put some foam at the base of the screen to help keep it from vibrating. Does anyone else think that there is a lot of noise coming from the crankcase at idle? I pull the clutch on mine and it all dissapears. Will this go away when the engine beaks in?

As I understand it, this rougher vibration at about 5000 rpm is due to the engine management system (EMU). The emmision testing is done @ 5ooo rpm so the fuel injection is 'doctored' by the EMU at this point resulting in slightly more vibration. If you cut the pink wire (which is NOT recomended) like some people have, the vibration would disappear (along with your warranty cover)
Cheers, BigPete

My busa does that too. Mine is the windscreen. You can tell by getting it up to that speed and grab the windscreen to stabilize it. Vibration should go away. The foam tape solution should fix it. As for the clutch out noise from the engine, I am thinking that it might be the counterbalancer that suzuki put in to keep the engine from excessive vibration. I don't know if this is true, but it makes sense to me.

well, i'm glad at least some of my advice is being heard and heeded. yes, it was i who initially posted that the noise was the windscreen. and you know what, i don't have that problem anymore. okay, okay, i don't have the windscreen anymore. lol still waiting on the new one. (along with all the other parts that were damaged in the recent tragic wreck of my brand new, beautiful, fast as hell, incredible, .... umm, sorry) anyway, (sniff, sniff) the fix did work however. so, glad i could be of assistance to anyone who believed me. have fun. now i gotta go ride my slow gsxr 1216. ) : someone's gotta do it.
mike

Back