small guy

02Boooosa

Registered
i am 140lbs 5'7", how can i get good starts racing off of a light with out bringing up the front so easily? any advice will help. power to wieght ratio is sick if i can learn more about racing this thing.

DSCF0003.JPG

yea it is fun, the power is awsome. no other bike like it, still need some advice plllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeee

DSCF0003.JPG

You need to learn to read the lights on the tree. I have to hit on the 1st yellow with 310hp or I am in the air with 215 lbs.

Starts....are tough with the stock clutch..grabby...yes?
Also there are parts to lower the front and rear end...less wheelie prone...but stock some say..just let out the clutch at low revs and roll into the power--re: throttle, once you get moving and blow by um'...........takes a few mods to do max.
rpm..slide the clutch..type starts..I belive it was a designed in thing to prevent ..monster launches...as a Busa will flip over backwards..in first with just the throttle in first after the clutch is out..beware and have fun..and btw..Welcome...

Options many! So, lets start with the basics.
1. Practice, practice, practice! (everyone has their own personal variation on what works best.) The trick here is to find what works for you. As your already discovering the key to winning races is in the launch!
2.cheap but effective mods! Strapping the front end down. Gear changes. (But, not until you've mastered item 1).
3. Not so cheap mods, to many to list............ (But, not until you've mastered item 1).

Finding your own sweet spot on the launch should begin with learning how to launch without killing the rear tire! Without viewing the clouds from a wheelstand! And without chattering the clutch.......................Where this meca of power begins will no doubt involve heavy practice on your part. Start out with just above normal idle launches and work your way up progressively! Maybe in increments of 500-1000 rpm. Once you discover your rpm range try and launch your bike to a specific point you pick out in advance and time yourself. How fast are you going when you pass that third mailbox on the right? So forth and so on.................Nothing specific, very general. This is only practice for yourself! The next step is mastering the lights. Only practice in my opinion will help here....... School of hard knocks! Hope this helps..............Ks

You should never have to shift past second gear while learning to launch.........

Starts....are tough with the stock clutch..grabby...yes?
I disagree. He has a 2002 sitting there. The clutches are different. They roll out and grab as easy as an earlier bike with the clutch mad, and clutch cushion. Weight is your problem. Hide as much in the front as you can. Fill the front axel. Use tape on weights and duct tape everywhere you can find a spot. I have a friend that is about your weight. He has 25lbs in there and you can't see any of it. He rolls out hard and the front wheel doesn't come off the grount. The best advice anyone can give you is practice.

i own a 2002 Busa 100% stock minus the tire and when i leave i turn the motor up to around 7500 and give the clutch some preasure and then when the light goes green i am out on the clutch and to WOT. i have ran a best of 6.33 with a stock bike

Back