Slip on exhausts

OB_Supermax

Registered
Hi, I have been following the board for a while. I finally got registered today! I would like to hear some opinions on the different slip on systems available. I know a full system is better for power but I want to leave the injection alone and I kind of lke the look of two pipes. And 160 horse power in plenty for me! I want a system that will talk, not just be slightly louder than stock. Thanks for any help.

TBR is developing a new set of titanium cans for the Hayabusa, should be out soon. I saw them at the Long Beach show and they look awesome, kinda like the pipe on the 2000 R1.

I have the Two Bros. single filament carbon fiber slip-ons. They are noticeably louder than stock with a DEEP tone, but no real rap. They only save about 5 lb. and only add about 3-5 hp according to 2 bros. rep. I think they sound great, but if you want LOUD, they aren't.
Two Bros has added a slight gold tint to the new S.F.Carbon Fibers. Check them out at their web site.

I installed the RS-3 slip-ons (R148SOC) and they are the best looking cans and impeccably made (I don't like the TBR because they protrude too much out back, and the flange looks ugly). I wanted quiet, but not like these. Try the same, but the race version (R149SO), and you should have the best looking and best sounding (according to DP) pipes. These pipes are a hair shorter overall than stock and look fantastic.

How would like to see the new European pipe. They are a little more expensive but they are second to none. The come in iridium and more colors.

I've got the Two Brothers polished aluminum, round slip-ons. They sound great and seem quite well made. I don't think they did anything for my performance, except I tend to keep it a gear or two lower now just to hear them. Like SlowHand says, deep, louder but not real loud.

Back