Sleep time Pictures

Gpmo

Registered
We try and get in an take some sleeping photos of some of our critters once or twice a year. Their at rest colors are often much more vivid than during the day. Thought I would share with the org.

This is my other big hobby. Not the best photos just my iPhone snuck in there. Our old man woke up and tried to snack on my pinkie. :). Good for me his eyes aren't what they were and he is slow getting a lock on these days. The leopard gecko was up hunting as we're the frogs. So no really nice sleep colors from them. Last is our old lady Pug sleeping on my pillow of course.

image-933329222.jpg

image-3338407659.jpg

image-2822127265.jpg

image-3344098444.jpg

image-3237356975.jpg

image-4081995713.jpg

image-1172598471.jpg

image-3242725574.jpg

Love the pics!!! :thumbsup:

We have a crested gecko, but my boys are forever wanting a chameleon...they are so cool! This is Sheldon sleeping...never knew tortoises sleep like this, but he does constantly and I think it's so funny :laugh:

bug.jpg

VaBusa said:
Love the pics!!! :thumbsup:

We have a crested gecko, but my boys are forever wanting a chameleon...they are so cool! This is Sheldon sleeping...never knew tortoises sleep like this, but he does constantly and I think it's so funny :laugh:

That pic is fantastic. Going to shoe it to my wife when I see her tonight. Man laughing so hard. Lol.

If you ever have questions about chameleons let me know. We can answer pretty much any questions you might have. To be fair they really arent the best for most kids. They require good amount of work and attention to details.

That pic is fantastic. Going to shoe it to my wife when I see her tonight. Man laughing so hard. Lol.

If you ever have questions about chameleons let me know. We can answer pretty much any questions you might have. To be fair they really arent the best for most kids. They require good amount of work and attention to details.

Yep, Sheldon is pretty damn cool; my boys LOVE him! He's learned that when he wakes up each day, if he paces the tank, he's taken out and he pretty much gets to walk all around the house. We can find him 98% of the time, in the kitchen, either in front of or beside the refrigerator, sleeping...he likes the heat source there...

I've always heard chameleons are a bit of work; that is why we don't have 'em. The crested gecko is easy enough, and so is the sulcata (Sheldon)...8 cats and 120 gal aquarium with African Cichlids...I think I've reached my limits :laugh:

Vabusa you for sure have your hands full lol. I like the free range tortoise idea. Free ranging is great. The large Cham we have that was trying to grab my pinkie is actually free range. We have a hood hangin from the ceiling that holds his lights and mounts for the misting system. Other than that he has two trees and a bunch of plants and vines connecting them all. He runs around his area all day. They also always do their duty in the same spot everyday so it's easy to keep clean.

I had two more pics of him. You can kindof see the hood but I may have a better pic somewhere else.

Thanks for comments folks. These guys are a bunch of fun. Plus they were all rescue so make us feel food to rehabilitate.

image-2444935531.jpg

image-3748431870.jpg

the chameleons are definately cool. I myself have a bearded dragon (Mitch) that is 13 years old. He has been struggling lately with not waning to eat, or do anything for that matter. Im afraid he is on his last leg. I was told when I bought him that they normally live to 10-12 years old, however, he's past that and now they say up to 15 years. Im really afraid he is going to die anyday. Its sad, but I think im going to replace him with a saltwater setup. Ive had reptiles for 15 years now and im wanting to change things up a bit. My daughter absolutely adores fish, so i think that is the route im going to go. my pics of mitchel seem to have vanished. I do have a few pics of Apollo and my daughter. Titan is missing as well? hrm...gonna have to do some digging. these photo's are about 1 year old.

IMG_7406.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7410.jpg

Yep, Sheldon is pretty damn cool; my boys LOVE him! He's learned that when he wakes up each day, if he paces the tank, he's taken out and he pretty much gets to walk all around the house. We can find him 98% of the time, in the kitchen, either in front of or beside the refrigerator, sleeping...he likes the heat source there...

I've always heard chameleons are a bit of work; that is why we don't have 'em. The crested gecko is easy enough, and so is the sulcata (Sheldon)...8 cats and 120 gal aquarium with African Cichlids...I think I've reached my limits :laugh:

and something called Omar:laugh:

Back