Slave cylinder seal kit

Highliner

Registered
Hey guys,

I have a leaking slave cylinder on my Gen 1 bike, so I ordered a seal kit off of ebay. The kit was made by K&L supply. Got the thing apart, and the cup seal is a hair too small. The OD of the seal is just a bit smaller than the one I removed, as well it's thinner and the ID is a bit different. Just enough that at a glance it looks identical, but you can see the difference if you look closer. I had some time, so I threw it in and gave it a shot anyway, and sure enough it leaked all over the place. It wasn't making good contact with the cylinder bore, so I pretty well expected that. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

The part was listed as for 99-04. Is it possible that someone has put an 05-07 slave on it, and that's the difference?

There was some scoring on the cylinder wall, so at this point I'm wondering if I should just look into a new unit altogether....

Nothing went right this weekend.. :banghead: I need to go back to bed.........

I just used theyre kit in my front brake master and it works fine.Just got it all bled out.It says made in japan.Maybe they sent the wrong kit.

Back