Simple Car Alarm

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have an old car alarm that still works? I am looking for something simple that uses the door pins to activate the alarm. I would like for it to have a remote if possible...maybe a system that you have laying around and were going to throw away.

I am going to hook it up inside my bike trailer and keep it hooked to a 12v deep cycle battery. I just want to be able to hear if someone tries to get into my trailer. I have to use my trailer as a workshop as well as to transport my bike, and store my bike.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Brian

thumb_up.gif

Ill look in my boxes of junk in the morning! Im sure ive got something that you can use! Pm your address, when you have a chance.
Do need a siren also?

Yes, I do need the siren as well. This is just kind of an experiment, but I am hoping it works. If it does, I will let all of you know!

Aw geez, if only you'd asked a few weeks ago. Cleaned out the garage and tossed an Audivox one in the garbage. It used pin switches and was remote too.
sad.gif

Another idea is a battery powered motion sensing alarm with remote. They're pretty loud and you wouldn't have to install pin switches. Pretty dirt cheap these days.

Back