should i just let it pop?

shogun

Registered
i was gonna do the marble mod tommorow but, wait, is it harmfull to leave the pair valve alone? do you guys think i will do damage by letting it pop on decel and not going forward with the marble mod, am i running rich?:beerchug: but i gotta say, i like the opping sound sometimes:thumbsup:

ok good just checking lol. because i think i read somewhere on this forum that its popping because of the extra air/fule and this means its running rich, which can reduce the life of the engine. so i was pretty concerened. any thoughts on this?

i was gonna do the marble mod tommorow but, wait, is it harmfull to leave the pair valve alone? do you guys think i will do damage by letting it pop on decel and not going forward with the marble mod, am i running rich?:beerchug: but i gotta say, i like the opping sound sometimes:thumbsup:
The marble mod is super easy and will completely stop the popping. I did it years ago and my bike runs perfect :thumbsup:

i know that the marble mod will stop the popping. but i kinda like it:whistle:. so if i just leave it as is will i do any sort of damage? thanks

ok good just checking lol. because i think i read somewhere on this forum that its popping because of the extra air/fule and this means its running rich, which can reduce the life of the engine. so i was pretty concerened. any thoughts on this?

its due to fresh air being put in the exhaust from the pair valve for emissions reasons. some states that require yearly emisions test will fail you.

ahha yea i weas riding with a buddy and he said he saw flames come out my pipe lol. i was proud lol. so u guys are saying this wont ruin anything and its safe to avoid the marble mod and just let it pop?

No you are running lean...just do the marble mod :beerchug:

i can do the marble mod no probs, but if i dont will i be doing any sort of damage to my bike? thats my major concern, to do the marble mod or not to do the marble mod.

i can do the marble mod no probs, but if i dont will i be doing any sort of damage to my bike? thats my major concern, to do the marble mod or not to do the marble mod.

you can't get a straight answer to save your life on this one hehe:rofl:

ahhahah :rofl: kokomo, i knowwwww right. someone pleaase lol. just need to know if i am doing harm by not installin the marble mod. lol.

The popping is taking place in the exhaust not the engine and has no ill effects.:thumbsup: Lots of people kinda like it and therefore they leave it alone.:laugh:

big loud backfires... u mean the 'big pops' ?
I mean the backfires that sound like a gun going off. Those can explode back into the combustion chamber...do exhaust pipe and valve damage, and sometimes even blow back through the intake and do damage there as well. You'll know when you hear them :laugh:

Back