SHOEI RF1000

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Wifes RF1000 just arrived. Its Black. Its beautiful. It looks fast sitting there.
Nice.

Pics please...
rock.gif

I've decided on a Shoei, too. Gonna get it ordered first of next week.
wink.gif

She'll dig it. I love it. I have the RF1000 "Nerve" Gonna get the Mirror tint shield soon.

If it looks fast sitting there...
Imagine how fast it will look on the busa...
laugh.gif

Hey Ted I grew up in Tomball man small world. Left in 98 to come to San Antonio still come down every month or so. Love the town.

Pics please...
rock.gif

I've decided on a Shoei, too. Gonna get it ordered first of next week.
wink.gif
Train - i highly recommend the ebay buy it now from a dealership.
Locally we looked - $400
We got on ebay - $275 shipped to door.
I've found a RF-1000 black/white "Nerve" online for $347 shipped to my door. I'll check ebay though. Maybe I could luck up and find a Nerve in my size for a better deal. That'd be cool.
beerchug.gif

No better eBay deals on a "Nerve"... I may end up with solid black for a better price. Might do some custom paint on it down the road sometime... might not.
rock.gif

I just hope you guys have at least tried them on in a Brick N Mortor before ordering Blind... Also, remember to "reward" your brick N mortor merchant if you did get sized locally then bought online.... The Brick N mortor guys need your business to feed their family, give them some sometimes and quit saving all your pennies, support the local guys. They are the ones that will be there to actually help in a crunch... Not an Online vendor...

Too bad it's not for the Busa that you are looking for one. There's a RF1000 Busa helmet (XL) on sh.org for sale for 2 bills.

I just hope you guys have at least tried them on in a Brick N Mortor before ordering Blind... Also, remember to "reward" your brick N mortor merchant if you did get sized locally then bought online.... The Brick N mortor guys need your business to feed their family, give them some sometimes and quit saving all your pennies, support the local guys. They are the ones that will be there to actually help in a crunch... Not an Online vendor...
Yeah, I went to CycleGear to get fitted, or more accurately to fit myself. The guy that "helped" me was more interested in what kinda bike I had (I was wearin' one of my h.org shirts...
wink.gif
). Their price was $419 + local sales tax on the "Nerve" and they would have had to order it, requiring another half day blown and gas money to go get it. I found it for $347 shipped to my door, no tax, no gas money, no half day lost... No brainer.
wink.gif

Yer right though, I do throw 'em a bone when the difference isn't quite so huge. I've got $200 worth of CycleGear gift cards to give 'em next time I'm up there. I'm thinkin' Galfer superbike lines & pads for the front... or maybe a set of Pilot Power or Diablo Corsa hoops and mountin' fees. I buy from them, I just can't bend over like that on a lid. That'd be plain stupid...
rock.gif

wink.gif

Too bad it's not for the Busa that you are looking for one. There's a RF1000 Busa helmet (XL) on sh.org for sale for 2 bills.
Gotta go with 2XL anyway, bro... The RF1000 lids I've tried on fit a little snugger than my RF900... Quite a bit tighter in fact. Glad I fitted myself in a store, like Rev said, before goin' online and orderin' based on how the RF900 fit...

I love my RF1000 Jake Zemke replica I bought on Ebay for $261 new earlier this summer. Very aerodynamic compared to my Shoei Z-II.

Zemke_helmet_3.jpg

Back