Shifter fall off on 05?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
How many have had the gear shift fall off on your 05?

I have a nieghbor that bought an 05 and he tells me his had fell off twice! Well I remembered that someone here said the same thing so I am thinkin you 05 owners have an issue to address with the dealer or Factory or
rock.gif
I just wondered how many of you have experienced this?

Thanx - Kent

The shaft that the shifter pivots on was not tight on my '05. I reassembled and torqued it down with some red Locktight. I don't think it will fall off now.

I put up a post on this quite awhile ago, it has indeed happened to quite a few folks on here. Have your neighbor follow the advise in the post before mine. Take it apartthen use red loctite on it and it won't ever back out again.
Jay

still gotta do the locktite but it was loose once when i was bathing her down snugged it up still good at this moment

..not to sound dumb but...how do you loosen up the bolt and tighten it up in an easy manner?? need step by step on this..sheesh now i gotta check mine and buy me some loctite.....
mad.gif

New to the board first post. Happened to me yesterday at about 220 miles. Pull off freeway and go to downshift and the shifter is just hanging there. Nursed it in 4th gear to a industrial park and screwed it back in. Had to settle for threadlock from a local Home Depot. I miss my Honda fit/finish.

This happened to my buddy Sunday he's got about 4,000 miles on his 05, we're sittin at a light, he goes to put it in gear and lever just falls off.

Back