Semper fidelis

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
A writer decided to write a book about famous churches and chapels around the military.

He bought a plane ticket to Fort Jackson, SC thinking he would start by working his way across the USA. On his first day he was inside the Base Chapel taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall above a sign that read "$10,000 per call."

The man, being intrigued, asked a soldier who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The solider replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The man thanked him and went on his way.

Next, he stopped at Andrews Air Force Base in Washington, DC. There, at a very large Chapel, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He asked a nearby Airman what this phone's purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the man, and left.

He then traveled to Ft. Hood, TX, Wright Patterson AFB, OH, the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, and Naval Air Station Oceana, VA. In every chapel he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it!

He decided to travel to a Marine base to see if he would find the same phone. He arrived aboard Camp Pendleton, CA and while waiting to visit the base chapel, he was invited into the Enlisted Mess. There was the same golden telephone. This time, however, the sign under it read "40 cents per call." The man was surprised.

Just then, a Gunnery Sergeant walked in and he asked about the sign. "Gunny, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many chapels on many different military installations. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the Army, the Air Force, and even the Navy, the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"

The Gunny smiled and answered, "You're on a Marine Base now sir, it's a local call."

biggrin.gif

he was born on parris island,
the land that god forgot,
the sand was 18 inches deep,
the sun was blazing hot,

he'd wake up in the morning,
with the rising sun,
and alls he'd hear the live long day,
is Run! Private Run!

and when i get to heaven,
saint peter i will tell,
another marine reporting sir,
i've spent my time in he11..marine...marine....MARINE!

with the patience of an oyster...in the twinkling of an eye...i will come...like a thief in the night.

L8R, and semper fi...Bill.
cool.gif

This popped into my mind when I read this thread.

Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a blank-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your a$$ belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

I am not a Marine...nor have I ever wanted to be (ARMY all the way) but no matter what the patch over the heart says we all bleed the same red white and blue blood.....

Back