See- Thru clutch cover... fogging over?

JSaathoff

Registered
Anyone have any experience with this? i got the bike running, and after a 30 minute idle or so, my cover was fogged over, and still is 3 days later... any ideas on how i can prevent this? i made the cover btw. Thanx for any help!!!

Talk to Joe (thepushercg) for his experience with making them.

Mine made by Joe does it when its cold out... If I take it out for a little while (enough to warm the clutch fluid) it goes away once the inside and outside temperature of the lexan stabalizes.

Josh

Mine made by Joe does it when its cold out...  If I take it out for a little while (enough to warm the clutch fluid) it goes away once the inside and outside temperature of the lexan stabalizes.

Josh
lol Josh

I think you meant to say "enough to warm the engine oil"...clutch fluid is on the other side of the bike.

Mine does the same thing.it's called condensation it should clear up after oil reaches operating temp.if it stays that milky color no matter what you may have coolant mixing with oil which indicates a crack,leak,blown head gasket...goodluck hope it clears up

Mine does the same thing.it's called condensation it should clear up after oil reaches operating temp.if it stays that milky color no matter what you may have coolant mixing with oil which indicates a crack,leak,blown head gasket...goodluck hope it clears up
+1

Is the exact reason short trips are hard on any internal combustion motor..

for every gallon of gas you burn, you put at least 1 gallon of water out your tail pipe..

When combustion gases get past the rings, it takes water with it.. that is what you are seeing.

As the oil heats, it self cleans.

After I idled mine and this happened I just took the cap off for a few minutes and the condensation went away..
peace.gif

Back