Mike.P175

Donating Member
Registered
Installed Tiger Racing battery kit
w/4ga. battery cables. This thing
turns over so fast it's scarey.

Pic.1

SANY0035__Small_.JPG

I would say for anyone who is hesitant to do the 24volt start that once you finaly commit you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Tiger always makes some good useful/practical products and he's a really nice guy.

?? 1 quest. ?? what the hack did you do to your tray??? I think it's time for a tiger tail.....

Very cool, It never dawned on me to run two batteries.

Is there a down side?

there's no downside except it doesn't get re-charged from the bike.

Do you have to hack the tray to instal a topgun undertail???
SHOCKED.gif

I just put on the trickle charger
every couple days. Hey I didn't
hack that off that was surgery
at it's finest
biggrin.gif
Yeah you do
have to cut it down and it's
cleaned up now and sanded
down!!!

I assumed that both batteries were essentially hooked up to the + of the main battery and then the secondary was just grounded to the chasis.

Is this incorrect? If so, how is the secondary hooked up.

If this is correct, why wouldn't the alternator charge both at the same time?

IMO, not sure if there's a higher cranking amp battery available for a motorcycle to possibly give a better benefit than the sluggish single stocker. But I'd love to just get rid of the stock battery for a relocation so I can use a readily available battery from Walmart. I never remove the stocker over the winter and I've had to replace it the last two years. I know, my fault.

(InsertOriginalNameHere @ Jun. 05 2007,12:23) I assumed that both batteries were essentially hooked up to the + of the main battery and then the secondary was just grounded to the chasis.

Is this incorrect?  If so, how is the secondary hooked up.

If this is correct, why wouldn't the alternator charge both at the same time?

IMO, not sure if there's a higher cranking amp battery available for a motorcycle to possibly give a better benefit than the sluggish single stocker.  But I'd love to just get rid of the stock battery for a relocation so I can use a readily available battery from Walmart.  I never remove the stocker over the winter and I've had to replace it the last two years.  I know, my fault.
incorrect. This is normaly used for the 24v start mod. running the batts in a series vs parrallel.

same as stock:
ground to (-) batt 1
(+) batt 1 to start relay

change:
instead of the cable running from the relay to the starter it's re-routed to batt 2

relay to (-) batt 2
(+) batt 2 to starter

because of this setup the batt 2 doesn't get re-charged from the stator. As others noted a trickle charge over night is the easiest solution to re-charge batt 2.
========
On a different note. I've also seen some people run two batts parrallel to gain a few more amps in the electrical system. With this kind of setup both batteries get charged as normal.

(InsertOriginalNameHere @ Jun. 13 2007,06:15) Thanks for the info Commuta.

I wonder though.. if that second battery died, the first one couldn't start it as normal?
normaly the 24v setup is for the big bore, high CR engines that need that extra umpf..

but to answer your question... yes, it can if the batt is nice and charged. It wont do it to often though and the sound of that starter struggling isn't pretty...
crazy.gif

it's one of those mods that once you've done it you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Back