Scorpio SR-i300 issues with uel injection?

Anatar

Registered
Hey everybody-

After roaming this site for a few days I've decided I need some anti-theft protection for my K8. I just spoke to someone at a local dealership and she said Suzuki claims the electronic alarms mess up the fuel injection systems on many bikes, and as a result Suzuki now recommends buying into their 36 month theft coverage (which only pays out 5 thou if the unthinkable happens).

Is this all a bunch of BS? Has anyone had any issues with their fuel injection after installing a Scorpio?

Thanks for any info anyone might offer!

I say BS. I have had a Scorpio installed with no problems for the last two years.

I say BS sounds like a stealership money making scheme. Isn't that what insurance is for? If you are still concerned, and have loan, buy gap insurance. That will cover depreciation.

You can always run it with a small 12 volt backup battery if you are worried.

I did a group buy on these back in Dec. there was a small issue if you spliced into one of the wires, for the ignition kill. Call them up about it as I'm sure by now they've changed the wire you splice into. But no it didn't screw up the fuel injection itself it interupted the signal. wish I could remember the wires... Let me try and find that thread and see what I can come up with.

I can't seem to find my thread. I ended up using Josh a.k.a jester0769, from Ryders Connection,for the buy. He might remmember. Try getting ahold of him. He's a great guy to deal with, and he's a trusted board sponsor. Here's his number 877-447-1566.

You can splice it into the coil with no problem. And why the Scorpio i300? Do they still make those? The SR-i500, 600's and 900's are far better systems with better features and 2-way FM transceivers. I used the SR-i500 for a couple of years and just recently picked up a SR-i900 on The Bay. I wouldn't use or recommend any other alarm.

Got the I-600 havn't had one problem, I love it.
thumb_up.gif

I have a Scorpio and have had nothing but probs with it from day one. And Scorpio customer service was downright nasty about it. IMO the alarm is a buggy, flakey, poorly designed and built, overpriced, money-making piece of junk. And the cs guy I talked to on the phone was a complete a$$. I'll never buy another one  
argue.gif

guns.gif

Besides there's other better alarms for alot less money than Scorpio. I think those guys figure they can just sell on their name......because their quality and customer service has went to hell
puke.gif

I have a Scorpio and have had nothing but probs with it from day one. And Scorpio customer service was downright nasty about it. IMO the alarm is a buggy, flakey, poorly designed and built, overpriced, money-making piece of junk. And the cs guy I talked to on the phone was a complete a$$. I'll never buy another one  
argue.gif

guns.gif

Besides there's other better alarms for alot less money than Scorpio. I think those guys figure they can just sell on their name......because their quality and customer service has went to hell  
puke.gif
I had problems with mine too. It stranded me on the road because the alarm locked up and killed my bike. Don't hook the ignition kill up unless you don't mind being stranded/have your bike die on you
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif

I never could trust mine. I finally pulled it off and gave it away
laugh.gif
Won't do that again
sad.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

I have had mine spliced into the ignotion off the fuse block for three years not one problem or glitch, I would buy scorpio again in a heartbeat

Back