Scala Rider Cardo-Rider Team Set

mr8ball

Registered
Scala Rider Cardo-Rider Team Set,

Amazon.com: Scala Rider Cardo-Rider Team Set: Automotive

I am looking for system so my lady and I can chat while we ride. I also would like to have the MP3 and phone set up also. This team set seems to have it all and i was checking to see if anyone has used it and what your thoughts were. What do you guys use or recommend? Thanks in advance

I don't know if there are a lot of guys on here that use the Scala setup, but there a lot of guys use the Chatterbox line. I would get ahold of Scar and talk to him. He uses a Chatterbox and has a lot of accessories hooked up to it.

I looked at it but i just dont like that thing stuck on the side of my helmet. Thanks for the info

You don't have to stick the Chatterbox to your helmet.. Scala I don't think has bike to bike capabilities.. I had a Buddy that ran Scala and did like it..

The big money peeps here run Autocom..

I have them and so do Dan and his wife. They work great. Ping me if you have questions. The range on the Q2 is great.
Posted via Mobile Device

They have a new G4 set that is awesome. Has A2DP bluetooth streaming, voice dail, built in FM radio and some other cool stuff. It's pretty expensive though, I think $250 for 1 and around $400+ for a set of 2. I have a buddy in Daytona who has one and he has given it a high review to me. He said he was on a conference call on his iPhone while doing 90mph down I-4 to Orlando one day and it worked flawlessly.

They have a new G4 set that is awesome. Has A2DP bluetooth streaming, voice dail, built in FM radio and some other cool stuff. It's pretty expensive though, I think $250 for 1 and around $400+ for a set of 2. I have a buddy in Daytona who has one and he has given it a high review to me. He said he was on a conference call on his iPhone while doing 90mph down I-4 to Orlando one day and it worked flawlessly.

But can you talk to more than 1 other bike at a time? ???

From their website. Looks like you can talk to 2 or 3 possible other people.

The last word in Handsfree Motorcycle Bluetooth communication

The scala rider G4 redefines the notion of high-end communication for motorcycle helmets. Encased in a rugged yet streamlined body, the scala rider G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth headset offers Bike-to-Bike Intercom at a remarkable range of up to ONE MILE!

The G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth headset also features unique 4-way Intercom between two bikers and two passengers or 3-way Intercom among three separate bikers.Multi Device Connectivity, including mobile phone, A2DP(Bluetooth stereo), FM radio with RDS, intuitive button controls, wire connectivity to iPod™/ MP3 player, and much more, make the G4 the world’s most feature rich communication and entertainment device for bikers.

The scala rider G4 offers Multilingual status announcements allowing bikers to maintain smooth and safe handsfree communication while on the move. The device transmits useful information regarding connectivity status to other bikers, to your mobile phone, the FM station you are listening to and more. The G4 is truly the most biker friendly headset on the market!
The scala rider G4 is also available with a corded microphone to fit the tightest full-faced helmets.

Multiple Device Connectivity (“MDCâ€￾)

Thanks to MDC technology, the scala rider G4 Motorcycle Bluetooth headset offers parallel connectivity as follows:

* Intercom conference mode with two other Motorcycle Bluetooth scala rider G4 users and with one of the following Bluetooth devices:
* Mobile Phone (either directly or via a GPS device)
* GPS device
* A2DP enabled MP3 Player or Adapter

plus: built-in FM radio and cable connectivity to external MP3 player
Priority Management: No need to manually disconnect from intercom or music to receive incoming phone calls or GPS instructions!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really like what i have found so far on this. I dont really care about the bike to bike thing. The guys i ride with done use anything like this anyway. My lady does not ride (only with me) and i just would like to be able to chat with her sometime when we ride. I think i am going to go with this one. I was wondering from those who have it, Does it fit in a full face helment pretty good? I have a Shoei RF-1000. Thanks again for the help

Mine is the same helmet.... most my family and friends would rather me talk on the Scala than on my Blackberry in my truck. They usually think that I am at home, not going 70 down the highway.....

Be aware, if your MP3 player does not have a boost feature (a volume amplifier for external speakers) you will have a VERY difficult time hearing your music through this system. I was very upset that i had to buy one to find out the hard way. I even called Cardo and they acted as if it was no big deal...just buy an MP3 player with boost.

I have an idea....don't advertise a feature that only works for a small percentage of your customers. :poke:

Back