Saw this guy in Tulsa yesterday.

Nice busa and nice lack of gear.Helmets on the bike but not on the riders:poke:.My inlaws have been riding for years and they use the same excuse, its too hot for gear.My mother in law wears crocks on her trike and a nothing for a helmet, no gloves.They kinda scoff at me when I ask where is the gear.Oh we dont ride a sport bike like you.I just say skin is skin no matter what you ride, it will come off just as easy or your brains will splatter when you barely have on what is called a helmet.Most busa riders around here are geared up, its the squid gixxer riders here that are in shorts and nikes.

Ya dude If im a squid you are calamari:laugh:

I won't "get over it" till insurance premiums go down because people with and with out insurance ride without gear ! WE ALL PAY FOR Stupid mistakes . I know everyone all the time doesn't wear gear but the more that do , the less insurance companies will have to pay out and HOPEFULLY they won't have to raise OUR rates . And *****'n about it IS MY CHOICE

Let me know when you get a discount on your insurance for wearing gear... Just saying. ???

if this is squid then I saw an octopus the otherday, me and my wife were trying to figure this guy out, gsxr 1k, and his gear from bottom up was flip flops, shorts, LEATHER jacket and his helmet hangin from the helmet lock under the seat, hmmmm some people are so smart.

maybe he has some nice tat's on his arms he dont wanna mess up:whistle:

Yeah I saw one of those the other day when I met the wife and kids for pizza after work.Shorts, helmet, no gloves and flip/flops.I dont get it.I like to tell the story of this guy that lived next door to an older man my wife used to take care of.He was riding on the freeway on his shadow i think it was, in shorts and flip/flops, his tire blew out, he went down the embankment, shredding his feet to nothing and was in a wheelchair for almost a year.Had to crawl up the embankment so someone could see him and call 911.

To each his own on the gear debate, I always wear my boots and kevlar jeans and a Icon or agv lether jacket, but I also putt around town minus the jacket quite a bit also, but if I,m going to ride hard or a long distance I always wear my jacket. If that makes me a squid to some people, then so be it..
I usually go by how someone rides to label them a squid, but you can uasally tell by lookn a them too.. lmao:rofl:

yeah but flip flops??Guess it shouldnt bug me, but it does.When it comes to family and loved ones, I stress the gear.

Besides saying I'm not going to post here type post, I'm not going to post here.

Back