Same problem

kennym4

Registered
Same problem I've had for a while now, it's just REALLY starting to bother me now. If I cut the throttle off above 4000 rpm I get a POP.

The 1 time I tried to save money I bought a used full Hindle pipe for my bike a while ago (about 2 years). I put a PC III USB on it & a K&N air filter on also. I had the dealer put that stuff on. At first I thought it was because of the pair valve. So when I went to do the "marble mod" I noticed the pair valve was gone. They put screws to fill the holes where the pair valve was (instead of block-off plates). Then I thought it was because I needed a custom tune, so I had that done. Greg asked me if I cut the guts out of the pipe, because of how it sounded....I don't know if the guy before did that. If the previous owner did that (cut baffle out) could that cause the back fire ? Could it be those screws in the place of the block-offs ? Could it need to be repacked ?

Or do I just need to do what I should have done in the first place.....get a new system ? Don't really have the cash for it right now, but I'm afraid if I just buy a new muffler for the headers I have it still won't fix it.

ANY advise would be appreciated !!
THANKS again
Kenny

i have found in my past experience with vehicles it is usually an exhaust leak early in the system that will cause a pop/backfire in the exhaust. so maybe check for any visible signs of leakage. if none than i would suspect that you are maybe running a bit rich.

I had the same problem. I have a thread to it. My bike would make a loud pop above 4k rpm if let go the throttle. So today i just installed a PCIII with stock map and its gone now. i have a stock 06. Donno if this will help ya. Good Luck and feel free to ask me if u have any ques!

How would I know if there's an exhaust leak ?

I have a PC III with tune done, it didn't help.

THANKS guys !

Back