Marble Mod question

busa_boy_69

Registered
I asked a few people a couple weekes ago what could be causing a really bad backfire from my busa? I havent had a problem with backfiring until about 11,000 miles. What I was wondering was could the pair valve go that many miles before it started the backfiring? My issue is that I am wondering if it's the PAIR valves OR do I have a bad valve period. I know it's close to a valve adjustment now cuz it has 13,000 miles now. I guess I am just trying to prepare myself for bad news. What do you guys think?

I think it is likely a pair issue since most report that valves are stillin spec at 16k, just try the marble mod to see if backfiring goes away, prop the tank up, grab the big tube in bottom of airbox on right side, plug it up, cap the nipple onairbox, 5 minutes to see if backfiring dissapears. If this fixes it, yank the bugger, I hate dead weight that also adds complexity. I yanked mine at 300 miles.

The thing about the marble mod is that it's easy to remove if it doesn't help.

So why not try it and see if it does?

At least then you'll know if you should/need to do a PAIR removal.

Yeah I am gonna do the marble mod tonight. I am just wondering if anyone thinks my valve might be bad due to the milage.

Back