Safety Question

sk8snw8s

Registered
I'm going on a trip with a group friends and were having our bikes shipped to the location. The rooms are ground level which means vehicles can park right outside your door of the hotel room. (Courtyard Marriott)

Safety question: I don't know or trust this place so since my room is ground level in front of our vehicle parking spaces. How safe is it to roll your bike into the room and does it give off any dangerous fumes or gases. I will have my window opened or cracked with the A/C going just wondering are there any health concerns for parking the motorcycle in your hotel room after a ride.
:poke:

I'd rather roll a cold engine bike into a motel room vs leaving it outside in a sketchy area. It is a tough one to say...a burnout will mark the carpet

Parking in the room should not be a problem. Just dont get caught by the hotel staff. They may frown upon it. Any oil stains and tire marks may also give you away.
Just dont keep it running while in the room please.

When we rode to the Gap, we stayed in Sweetwater TN and chained all three bikes together through the wheels.

But I like the garage option you are talking about!:beerchug:

I have a Suzuki garage carpet i'm bringing along with me and no the bike will be shut down when I roll it in the room and when I roll it out or the room. I will only start it outside and the engine will be pretty cool when i'm rolling it into my room. just wondering about the health concerns. thanks

you should be fine. There was a episode on OC Choppers where they rolled their bike into their hotel room in daytona to finish it right before the unveil. Just tell them you thought it would be ok.:whistle:

No concerns as long as you don't run the engine. When I lived in my townhouse I kept the bike in the kitchen. Rolled it in at night before bed and the only way anyone knew it was there would be if they looked in the kitchen. Definitely don't let the staff catch you but if unfamiliar with the area mine would go in the room or I would find a better place to stay.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool thanks fellas, I'll have my suzuki garage carpet down and it will rest on that at night. I definitely don't plan on running no engine in the room that's only for outdoors. As stated earlier, I will bring it in when i'm in and take it out when i'm going out or park it by my window in the morning when I wake up so the staff wont thing of anything suspicious.

I've kept my bike inside the house for two years. Rolled it in piping hot to avoid getting thrashed in a rainstorm that chased me home. Makes for a nice space heater but not really a concern over fumes. Places like the Marriott can be touchy. Best bet is to risk rolling them inside and hope nobody sees you cuz if you're nice and polite and ask and they say no you're screwed! If they catch you and get pissed just be nice, mature and apologize.

Could also maybe possibly call the place in the blind and just say your passing thru from um Alaska and want to know if they allow these kinds of things?

Just dont get too carried away.....:whistle:
funny-car-photos-rubber-buffs-right-out-right-honey.jpg

Craziest thing I've ever heard. Are you nuts? :whistle:

2011 Summer Busa Trip-18.jpg

2011 Summer Busa Trip-19 - Copy.jpg

It's been my experience that Super 8 motels do not have the little concrete barriers in each parking space. That makes it a lot easier to just roll the bike straight in the door. :thumbsup:

2011 Summer Busa Trip-18.jpg

2011 Summer Busa Trip-19 - Copy.jpg

Some guys cover their bikes out here and put a baby monitor under the cover with the speaker on and other speaker next to their bed...

As long as you do not have it running in the room there won't be any dangerous fumes. And actually most places would never even notice if you rolled it in the room unless you were acting stupid or you get one of those assnine guest that just feel they have to complain about someone no matter where they go, like their the travel police.

I also find most places if you ask them about rolling it in they will allow you and even bring you towels to put down if you break it down as to either she goes in or I go to your neighbor and give them my money. :laugh:

And a full size bed spread is a good size in case she gets a chill and needs a cover. :rofl::rofl:

Sorry....didn't have a busa pic handy. But you still get the point. :beerchug:

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

Never leave your valuables in the parking lot.....

It is better to ask for forgivness than permission:whistle:

Never leave your valuables in the parking lot.....

It is better to ask for forgivness than permission:whistle:

So true.... And just think about the feeling you would have after getting a good nights rest dreaming about the ride the next day only to open the door and see an empty spot out front.

And you could also argue the fact that it is your added security against hotel invasion. Because once in room you actually back it up to the door to protect against intruders. Better than a deadbolt anyday. :thumbsup:

Back