Saddlebag Support

I have a picture of the red/black '05 that covers up all but the top 1/4 of the speedometer in my pickup so I can think mods as I drive down the road. What else is a guy to do until his Busa comes in?

The description of the Tour Master Cortech Sport Saddlebags states that the bags are backed with a material to help prevent them from damaging the paint. I don't want the bags touching the paint at all. Therefore, has anyone thought about using the pin just forward of the rear seat, the pin in the seat rail, and replacing the rear reflector with some kind of pin to fasten a tri bracket to hold the bags just off the paint? I even thought about building a tri bracket that would be permanently attached to each saddlebag that would attach/detach to/from the two existing pins and the one put in place of the reflector. This bracket would do away with the need for the straps between the saddlebags.

Having never owned a Busa I am not as familiar with it as others on this board. Please think about it and tell me if it sounds plausible or if I need to forget that I have a bike coming in and keep my eyes on the road...

Sounds like a very nifty idea i don't know if anyone has done it i have the bags that you speak of and i have never had a problem with them you could also get this protective tape to place over the fairing i hear works very well also or if you feel your gona have the bags on alot spend the money on some cobin bettle bags

Back