Attaching Soft Saddlebags Under The Hump?

Trout

Registered
To those of you that use RKA, Cortech, or other soft saddlebags (like all those pics of the Pashnit Busa's)... do you just run the crossover pieces under the hump and snap it down? It doesn't seem like it would clear. Do you have to modify anything? Do the bags scratch the paint on the tail? How do you make it all fit and not get paint damage?

I want to try a set, but I want to go into it with both eyes wide open. Know what I mean... Vern?

I use one strap under the hump and the other goes around the grab bar. It does fit under the hump, I just leave a tad loose and the hump takes up the slack.

The neoprene pads on the Cortech bags do a pretty good job of protecting the painted surfaces. Some people put down painters tape between the pads and the bike just to be extra careful.

I've never used them with the hump, only the passenger seat.

Ernest_P._Worrell.jpg

Ernest_P._Worrell.jpg

I run mine under the hump, no issues. Nelson-Riggs , I think that's right.

my bags already cushioned backs but I also put a sheet of nonslip mat underneath :) BTW, I have Nelson-Riggs saddle/tail/tank bags (Silver Streak model)

View attachment 1556788

Stock photo of my saddlebags showing the padded backing

7.jpg

I love mine brother. Only used them two or three times but for what I spent on them they beat the heck out of a back pack :thumbsup:

I have cortech and use them with the hump. I did get some scratches though. I use the cortech straps and I also use bungie straps to the passenger pegs and then one wrapped around the grab bar to hold them up off the exhaust. I love them but just realize scratches are possible with them.

Back