Sack Lunch Story

very good story, I hope it is contagious.
I have had people buy my dinner and never know who it was.
I pass the courtesy on when I can.
It is a small financial gesture with a very big thank you attached.

Here's a lunch story I want to share.
I have bought a few cars and motorcycles over the years.
I have met two salesman that have made an positive impression on me.
One in 1991 and one in 2007.

The last one in 2007, the wife and I were looking to buy her a car at a local Nissan dealer.
The salesman was former Navy, young guy.
He did a great job explaining the car, no pressure.
It was about lunch time and I asked him to join the wife and I for a meal.
He did and I picked up the tab. No big deal to me.

I told him we would return later or the next day, the wife and I wanted to discuss the purchase.
He was a little anxious about spending a good part of the day with us and nothing to show for it.
I picked up on it and told him "If I buy a Nissan, it will be here and only from you"
We returned later that day and decided to buy the car.
While negotiating the final price, he (salesman) showed me the bottom line price the dealer would accept. He said don't tell anyone I showed you this.
He said no customer had ever bought his lunch and he asked the other salesman and they had never heard of such a thing.
small gesture, paid off.

dang the last "bear" I offered to buy lunch for asked me if it was a bribe.. then he handed my my "log violation" :rofl:

(he did tell me which way he was going and how long it would be before he came back this way... nice of him as I was 30 minutes from home and an hour over already) :)

Last edited:
Good post @ my home track they have prayer for rider saftey + always include our american heros .Takes a lot of guts do that job.Got nothing but respect 4 them.

My grandpa use to wear his WWII veterans hat all the time. Someone bought his dinner once and he was teary eyed, this was a about a year before he passed away at 85. He told me it happened a few times before but made him feel good each time. Me and grandpa returned the favor at a Bob Evans one day when we saw two soldiers sitting at a table eating, we had same waitress and paid for their meals before we left and told them not to tell them where it came from. It is a small gift but little things like that sometimes have a impact on someone, especially when there is so much media against the war no adays. You may not back the war, but back our young men that are fighting it.

Back