S2000 injecters

First thing is why do you wnat them. You only need larger injectors if you are turning up the boost some more. What is the setup?? You may not want to use S2000 because of running a little rough on the bottom.

Plus, didn't the 99-00 have smaller fuel pumps, unlike the 01's and on? At max flow I believe theres almost a 2.0 gallon difference in output! Another thing to consider is having your injectors reworked for maxium flow or going with RC Engineering parts...

It has an aftermarket pump. I don't know what kind but the guy I bought it from said he got the best one he could get. He had the map values set to 35 at the upper rpms and burned two sets of pistons prior to that. I want to run 15-18 lbs of boost and everything I've been told leads me to beleive that stock injectors aren't up to the job. Horsepower now is right around 300 with the boost at 15 lbs and the map fat as hell on top. Would s2000's be too much? Does anybody out there know for sure and have a set of something that would work well. I've heard a bit about blackbird injectors. Would they work. I'm too in the dark to fell good about experimenting
so I'm hoping somebody elsa could enlighten me.
Ninjaeater, who makes the 275 and 310 injectors? Do s2000's always tend to run rough on the bottom end?

CORRECTION: STOCK INJECTORS ARE 280cc
Stock Busa injectors are about 380cc. They were originally claimed to be 240cc by RC Eng but that was found to be incorrect in subsequent testing. I have run up to 340hp @ 80psi on stock injectors but that is about full duty cycle and not recommended. A safer hp limit for stock injectors is 280-300. I have used several size injectors and know that 36lb (380cc) work well. You do need to reduce the lower end fueling by lowering idle fuel pressure and then finish mapping with a PC. My bike ran perfectly on them but like any change the mapping must be spot on. I'm not sure if the S2000 injectors are 330 or 380cc. Suggest you try and find someone who has actually had them tested. You can also use regular Bosch or Accel injectors if your willing to change the fuel rail.

<!--EDIT|Gary Evans
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148132166 -->

The S2000 injectors are 380CC and they work perfect in a turbo app. If your tuner knows what he's doing the bike can be setup to run just like stock. Idles like a kitten and more then enough fuel for 350 or more HP. On a PC3 or USB you can + and - the numbers to 100. If you go up over 20 to 30 then the ecu sends out error code to let you know it's past what it recognizes as to much duty cycle for the stock motor. It's just a light and the bike doesn't care. If you go past what your stock inj. can supply then you have a problem. I usually end up with around 25 to 30PSI base fuel pressure and big - numbers in the low fueling, but at 100% with 10 to 12 PSI boost the PC numbers will be close to 0. Just needs a tuner the knows what to do with them and anything can be made to work. There is no easy answer to bigger inj. There is no drop them in and go.

-

Great replies. Thank you all. I ran my bike at 15-18 psi (kind of by mistake) on the dyno and it still showed good a/f with stock injecters. It made 285 @ 9000 rpm. It was only at 9000 for maybe a couple of seconds. It looks like from what I'm reading I could switch to XX's or s2000's and map it out, then I could do more than short high hp blasts. Now to hunt down a good set and find someone nearby that can map it. First I oughta' get a pc3, my pc2 won't cut it if the ranges are that large.

<!--EDIT|turbojonn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147357864 -->

It has an aftermarket pump. I don't know what kind but the guy I bought it from said he got the best one he could get. He had the map values set to 35 at the upper rpms and burned two sets of pistons prior to that. I want to run 15-18 lbs of boost and everything I've been told leads me to beleive that stock injectors aren't up to the job. Horsepower now is right around 300 with the boost at 15 lbs and the map fat as hell on top. Would s2000's be too much? Does anybody out there know for sure and have a set of something that would work well. I've heard a bit about blackbird injectors. Would they work. I'm too in the dark to fell good about experimenting
so I'm hoping somebody elsa could enlighten me.
Ninjaeater, who makes the 275 and 310 injectors? Do s2000's always tend to run rough on the bottom end?
RC engineering. They make sure they all match.

Back