Rotors

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
I just replaced my stock rotors with new ones b/c the rivet rings were loose and clicking. Is there anyway to repare these rings? I noticed they just have pressure washers behind them. Can they be replaced?

Which rotors?

Also keep in mind there are semi floating and full floating rotors.

Here are full floating and yes, you can "wiggle" them.

r8

106_0608.jpg

I think you could get replacement buttons but I would think if you've got enough mileage/use from the stockers to make them loosen up then you might be better off replacing them all together. Have you measured the rotor thickness and checked for warpage? It may be time to toss them.

I got around 11,000 miles out of the stockers. Ive already replaced them but I was just wondering if they could be fixed.

They worked fine until one started clicking due to the pressure washer breaking and the ring just floating around.

I had my busa in the shop recently and had them check it over. the mechanic told me tht the floating rotors were not really floating any more as the springs were missing from sevaral places. He said it was not a safety issue but the rotors were not working as intended. I asked if this was normal. He said for a bike as old as mine (an 05) this was typical. I asked what it would cost to fixe the problem. He said new rotors at 330.00 each. To which, I said no thanks I will buy aftermarket and I have them on order from Street and Track. Why would I buy something that they say falls apart as a normal feature? Hah! Contact Street and Track (one of the Sponsors) they will make you a good deal. I went with the EBC Wave full floaters - just purchased new pads and steel lines so I should be set. Good luck with the rotor thing.

I think your best to hang'em in garage as backups or you could attatch a chain to them and wear one around your neck like Flava Flave. :laugh:

Back