Rossi's Announcement at USGP?

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
The Italian press believes Rossi will announce his move to rejoin Yamaha on the eve of the USGP at Indy: Date set for Rossi to Yamaha announcement? | MotoGP News | Aug 2012 | Crash.Net

Although it would have been nice to see him bring Ducati back to championship form, I think it's the right move for him to be competitive again--especially because he's in his early 30's.

I recall him saying in an interview that Ducati was slow to act on changes to the bike, which seems a bit shocking.

It certainly will be an interesting season next year!

I just got finished rewatching the Leguna Seca race from 2008. Stoner was faster on the Ducati, but Rossi flat out held him off and won the race. What an exciting race!

MotoGP confirms that Rossi has signed with Yamaha for 2013; Ducati and Yamaha have both announced it as well.

skydivr said:
I just got finished rewatching the Leguna Seca race from 2008. Stoner was faster on the Ducati, but Rossi flat out held him off and won the race. What an exciting race!

Some great racing back then. Rossi is not only talented, but he thinks. I hope he can get another championship before he retires. Question is--who will replace him at Ducati?

I used to hate Jorge but he has really been impressive and a real fighter. I tihnk at first he was trying to be the new Rossi now he is just Jorge which is sooooo much better! He never blams the bike, just says it didn't go well. I really like that in a champ.

I think he and Rossi will work better this time. I think they both realize that everyone is better off if they work together and fight it out on the track. I know the sport is better off with both guys up front.

I wonder how Audi feels about this? Not sure what Ducati racing is worth without Rossi and a competitive bike too.

fallenarch said:
I used to hate Jorge but he has really been impressive and a real fighter. I tihnk at first he was trying to be the new Rossi now he is just Jorge which is sooooo much better! He never blams the bike, just says it didn't go well. I really like that in a champ.

I think he and Rossi will work better this time. I think they both realize that everyone is better off if they work together and fight it out on the track. I know the sport is better off with both guys up front.

I wonder how Audi feels about this? Not sure what Ducati racing is worth without Rossi and a competitive bike too.

You're absolutely right about Lorenzo. Class act all the way. With Rossi, they'll have a real team to compete with Honda.

As for Audi, they know how to run a race team (unlike Ducati's previous "holding company" owners), so I think that they will make sure that the riders' input is immediately translated into engineering and factory solutions, as Rossi had requested for two years, but never received. Otherwise, what's the point of racing in MotoGP? You might as well just draw pictures of cool looking motorcycles.

PS if you want to see a great, free movie, go to iTunes and search for "Truth in 24," about Audi's efforts to regain first place in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It's free, and if you like racing, it's one of the very best movies ever made about the subject (It was produced by the company that makes NFL Films, and although it's similar, it's not the film that's been airing on Speed.)

They would do better to stay on the Tech 3 bikes! Both are fantastic riders...would hate for them to become the new Ducati test riders.

I've read that it might be one of the Yamaha Tech 3 riders .... Crutchlow or Dovizioso.

Twobrothersbusa said:
They would do better to stay on the Tech 3 bikes! Both are fantastic riders...would hate for them to become the new Ducati test riders.

You got that right! Those two are amazing riders, and those Yamahas not only run like bats out of you-know-what, but they look mean, too!

Back