Rode a 14 today

xzvs

Registered
Just for a bit -- impressions -- felt heavy and top heavy -- did not handle nearly as well as my busa -- power (stock) is quirky but its there (its no slouch)
Felt more "refined" very comfy and smooth. The brakes are very good

feedback was minimal I dunno -- I like "raw
" quality of the busa---ya ever ride a bike and it doesn't feel right?

I use to have a Kawi zx-11. The bike was comfortable enough to ride all day but power was nothing compared to the "BUSA".

Even if everything was equal performance wise,

I still cant get past that Bug Eyed Look of the ZX14

my friend has a black 07 14. i like it alot. he recently put a turbo on it made my mr.turbo. i rode it and boy. i couldn't really get on it but it felt great. but he has done every mod possible

I have riden a 14 also, but it was only quick/made power in the first three gears. After that it ran out of wind. But I guess after everything I have done to my Busa, it is hard to ride another bike.

I have riden a 14 also, but it was only quick/made power in the first three gears. After that it ran out of wind. But I guess after everything I have done to my Busa, it is hard to ride another bike.

Funny how bikes differ. One of my riding buddies has an 08 14 and it seems to lack down low and pull like there is no tomorrow up top.

Funny how bikes differ. One of my riding buddies has an 08 14 and it seems to lack down low and pull like there is no tomorrow up top.

similar experience on one my cousin had briefly. i could probably get used to the feel, but after so many miles i prefer mine (even against other busas).

oh, this was when they first came out and after he took it in for some heat issues they let him swap his 14 for an 06LE after he rode a loaner busa for a few days. he liked how the busa felt (torque) more for his everyday riding.

My uncle sells Kawasakis and when he rode my Busa he asked me how there was so much torque down low? I said "I don't know, you just put the first couple of miles on it."
He was very impressed and has been riding for over 40 years.

My only complaint with the 14 is to me it feels like I am riding on top of it. On my Busa it feels like I am in it or more of a part of it instead of an addition.

I pulled the flies on my 14 and mapped it with a pcIII and tre, and the thing was a beast....hit like a big block down low and revved fast as hell all the way to the limiter. Huge amounts of power everywhere. They can be VERY impressive with a few simple mods :laugh: Its getting a turbo now :thumbsup:
I love anything fast though..thats why I own 2 zuki's and a kawi :beerchug:

I have no doubt that the 14 is an awesome bike. I loved the "feel" of my 6R and 10R, and am confident that the 14 is at least as refined. To each his own, but after owning three Kawis I'm very happy with my first zuki. :thumbsup:

D

once you have a busa why got back or try an other bike. there is only two types of bikes busa gen 1 and gen 2.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back