Rode an HD Soft-Tail Duece Today

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
A coworker bud at my new job had been eyeballing my Busa in the lot and went out of his way to lodge a compliment..then went on to tell me he has a HD Duece..well...he rode it in today and I took a look at it this morning..pretty sweet in an eye-candy/bling sorta way and the seat looked real comfy...then?...as we were leaving work this evening he had it fired up and asked me if I wanted to take it for a quick spin...I figured...what the heck...forward controls...1 down...4 up...and off I went..

Review: It did smooth out in a surprising fashion once on the roll and it was plenty comfy enough but...I think my tundra pickup might be a touch quicker and I KNOW it turns tighter and handles better...also...the rear brake seemed more important than the front...like it was meant to be the primary brake...all in all?..it's a cool tool for cruising 'round town babe hunt'in and bar hopp'in but...that's about the extent of it..duh.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i had a hunch you would say that. i wasn't that impressed w/ my buddies 03' v-rod. it has alot of torque but the set up just feels funky.
wink.gif

jinster,he wanted to try the BUSA !!ps the duece sucks after 100 miles or so .feels like a pharachute is tied to your back,and its opened!!

Your impression and opinions are correct. The rear brake on the Softails do serve as the main stopping power despite what Harley says. I put over 20K on my 2000 Softail ( same family/frame/basic setup) and you were right on except for the turning. In order to ride those bikes you really need to spend time with them. The 32 degree front rake is deceptive. It will not turn as easily as a sport bike with a 26 degree rake but I can attest and affirm they WILL turn tight. I passed the under 500cc Riders test course with NO deducts on mine. As I tell all who inquire... Harleys are made for a different type of motorcycle experience. They are for going slow and comfy ( once you swap out the seat for a Corbin or Mustang). Had many a 500 mile day with no soreness or issues other than being windblown
wink.gif

None taken. I was actually commenting on Jinksters assessment. I had a backrest so I never got the parachute effect like you did. The road King and the dressers share the same frame if I'm not mistaken but the Kings always seem to handle just a bit better IMO. Maybe it is the lower center of gravity...

hello, I am new to the site and this cought my eye. I currently have a 04 Night Train and miss my sport biking days.

85 RZ350 (FUN BIKE)
89 CBR600
92 CBR600F2
91 FZR1000 (WORST BIKE I'VE OWNED)
93 CBR900RR
96 CBR900RR
99 CBR900RR

As you can tell I've always been pro Honda and always said if I bought anything other than Honda it would be a SUZUKI. But, I find myself wanting a BUSA. The Harley has been fun but it is a different kind of fun.

I think it's time to try a SUZUKI!!!

Back