Rocky Mountain Run

wow.gif
 You just road through my back yard for four days...  
sad.gif
 Bastid...
cool.gif
Uh, uh, uh............................WAS your backyard...........

wink.gif

It's actually MY backyard..............

Here are two views looking at where Hwy34 goes into the mountains (about 3 miles away).

Right over the trampoline is where the fun begins!!!!  
AAAssjani.gif

<!--EDIT|scottybusa
Reason for Edit: "klarification"|1098205363 -->

PA190021b.JPG

The little stumps in the middle used to be aspen trees, before elk came in last winter and gnawed them to the ground!!!!

<!--EDIT|scottybusa
Reason for Edit: "Klari..........oh whatever!!!"|1098205427 -->

PA190020b.JPG

Thanks for taking so many pics of your ride opdsgt!!! Sometimes I forget how blessed I am for living so close to all of that!!!
smile.gif

The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. Steven King stayed here years ago and found inspiration to write The Shining. While the original movie was filmed at a joint in Montana IIRC, the made for TV rendition was in fact filmed right here in town at this ancient resort.

Note: The wind was bad, hence the fuzzy quality about the photo. Too lazy to break out my tripod for this one as I was close to home base.
I have beed there too!

I actually stayed in the "Stephen King Suite" at the Stanley a few years back.............tried to get my wife to let me rent "The Shining" to watch during our stay,.................. but she strongly declined!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

very much so enjoyed your discertation of your trip...very kool pics and gotta tell ya im green with envy to do a trip like that...thanks for throwin that up here...i enjoyed it

Back