Rockingham Results ?

OB_Michael Lee

Registered
Did anyone make it to Rockingham, NC for the drag racing this weekend and if so what were the results? Busa's and 12R's ..... thanks

Micheal I had plans to go but I think most everyone that I ride with is going to the Concord Mills mall to the Buell sportbike day....look for us...one that will stand out is choasarise bike...its white and blue busa ...

Cbx, next time you guys are anywhere in the Charlotte area, give me a mail. Rockingham to me sucked the big one. Adams Preformance made a killer 8.07 1/4 mile run. The ZX-12 are still getting use to their machines. There were maybe (3). One had a busted front fender from lowering the forks too low in the upper tree. The one I did see make a pass was in the high 6's (rookie rider?). The busa's were running low 10's in the 1/4 and low 6's in the 1/8. Put 300 miles on the Busa. Left Gastonia to Kershaw Motorsports Park to watch one of our guys at Team Charlotte go thru race school. Left there to Rockingham then back down Hwy 74 to homebase. If I could have done it all again I would have rode to Chimmey Rock / Lake Lure with another group.

Micheal around 15 of us rode to the Buell sportbike days...the only thing interesting was the free dyno....you didn`t miss anything there thats for sure...we were all cussing about not going to the Rock...Prostar is coming soon....lots are going for sure!

Got there around 2:30 pm Sunday and parked next to the dyno setup beside the conscession area (Blue Busa). (2) Reds and (1) Green, they did not trun heads like the Busa's were. The announcer acknowledge the 12R's pass,and then stated that he must be still getting use to his setup (rookie) it was a really slow time. The one with the busted fender will probably have to wait a while before one gets in stock, his was parked under the catwalk where the bikes were preparing to line-up.
The turn out Sunday was not a big as I would have thought. You did'nt miss too much....

Just got back, long drive back to Michigan! There was a ton of Busa's at the track, most of them were making 9.40 passes up to about 9.90 passes in general. One time I watched three go down one after another 9.8,9.7,9.9 so they were all right there in the high 9 zone. Some of them had air shifters, pipes, and arms but weren't running any faster than the stock ones! As for ZX-12's for some reason I never seen a single one at the track the three days I was there? I'm not sure were Michael Lee saw them, I guess I was to busy in the pits or just not paying attention.

I was parked right by the opening of lane 8, we had a 24' Haulmark that had Mirror Image and Polishing in chrome on the side of it. I would have to agree without the pro classes it kinda sucked all three days! Although the 8.07 wasn't to damn bad, considering they had to keep cleaning the track. It looked like it was covered in sand, although it was pollen, when a bike made a pass you could see their track. (Just like a car track through the snow!)

A few miles out from the Rock is a favorite street racing place...both these bikes were completely stock with comparable wieght riders and ability...ZX-12 versus busa...from out of the hole the one that got in front won...ZX 3 wins busa 2 at quarter mile mark...busa winner all 5 times at 3/8 mile...good friend said it was the best thing he saw about the whole weekend....

Back