Gadason at Mooresville Dragway !!!

OB_Michael Lee

Registered
O.K. so I spend $20.00 dollars at Rockingham, NC to see someone cut some kind of e.t. on a ZX-12R and Thursday the 30th the man himself shows up at Mooresville Dragway in NC.

Here's the stats.

The owner of the 12R was cutting maybe a high 6's to low 7's on his stock 12R. Busa's were eating him for lunch.

Gadson races about three to four rounds against what I feel was a stock motor busa. With a heavier rider on the busa the 12R win's maybe (2) rounds. 12R with Gadson was running 6.4's-6.5's e.t. Same bike with a lighter / better rider on the busa (140lbs) yeilds different story.

ZX-12R runs a 6.40's
Busa runs a 6.20's

Only in America can so much entertainment be found for $5.00. Let the games begin.....

The final question is weather the Busa was in fact stock form. Lee's Preformance is turning out so many hot rod Busa's it really hard to even guess what you may or may not be running against.......Anyone out there running in the .20's or know of someone running this low an e.t. on a stocker????

Hmmm.....roughly speaking, 6.40's would only yeild around 9.70's to 9.80's.

I wonder were those 9.50's came from on the Big Green at G-ville back in november last year?

I'll bet it was because it was at the fastest track on the East Coast????

6.27@ 115mph, 1.52 60ft. 99 Busa, Two Bros slipons, PC2 #2 Map, Airbox mod, 16t. front, lowered front and rear, stock clutch setup.

Saw my 205lb. buddy go 6.52 at 112mph on a bone stock no lowering, no aftermarket exhaust,no air box mod, no strapping down, busa.

It cracks me up that some of these guys think the ZX-12 is a better bike at the drag strip than the Busa. The 12 is a fast bike, sure. It will probably give the Busa fits on canyon roads and on the race track.

But the Busa's roots are in Suzuki's drag racing program. The hydraulic clutch is a concession to street riding, and masks the Busa's drag racing genes somewhat. But the Hayabusa's parents were drag bikes...not road racing bikes, not touring bikes. It's long and low, it has the huge motor...stock for stock, mod for mod, the Busa is the bike for the strip. If the ZX-12 guys want to brag, they should take it to the canyons or the race track. At the strip, they're kidding themselves.

keith dennis has ran 9.48 on stock busa w
-1 tooth on front and clutch mod. bike was strapped and had rear links with stock exh
also saw a 9.52 from "shine" on oo busa
lowered with exhaust,sprocket,and clutch mod
saw both in memphis with my own 2 eyes.

Yep---saw um both meself!!! I am from Memphis and was back home then for a visit. That Keith Dennis can ride!!! That looked like an entirely stock exhaust!!! Wow

Back