Riser bar

jch364

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has used a riser kit on the busa. Im afraid I am gonna have to have one. The one place I found it on line will rise the handle bar up 1.25 inches. That should really take a load off my upper back. Anyone else ever done this? Would like to know opinions.
I just bought my busa. Its a 2006.

JCH-
Welcome to the Busa world! As far as risers go, I do not have them yet, however I have looked into them and several of the board members here run them. I hear lots of good things on both Reaper risers and GenMar. Although you will have to watch the cables andpossibly re-route if you go with the 1.25.

Good luck and check the risers out throughout the posts on the board.

-Corso

I am using the 3/4 genmar and think it was the smartest money I ever spent. Most people that look at my bike don't even realize they are there unless I point them out. The feael is night and day when ridin and I would never go back to stock. Honestly I think I get a little more leverage throwing the bike around with them on as well.

i got the 1" reaper risers...basicaly just 4 round blocks of alum and 4 longer bolts... it does make a difference. the genmar are a little pricey but they look better.

hi i use 1.25 reaper risers. had to re route the fast idle, aka choke cable and trim off a wire bracket. the best 35$ i have ever spent:cool:

1 1/4 inch Genmars used here.  I like the solid look of the Genmars.
You can see them in the attached pick.  I don't know how tall you are, but removing the rubber blocks off the top of the pegs helped me as much as the risers.

Here is the link to my install

<!--EDIT|BusaWhipped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142814229 -->

3rdpbr14sm.jpg

I have a 3/4" Genmar riser and HeliBars. Between the two, you get more rise and flatter bar angles than a higher riser without the cable/wiring interference problems.

Ed

I did both the 1.25" genmar and Helibars. I am quite happy with it. I did the Brake lines +1.5" at the same time to avoid any hassles. Had to trim a little off the screen to clear switch gear at full lock though. No regrets here!

genmar 1.25 risers on my bike.... wonderful mod!!!!

"I did both the 1.25" genmar and Helibars."

Hey Bigoltool do you have any pictures of your 1 1\4 genmar and Heli bar setup?   I have only heli's on mine but may want to go higher if it isn't to much trouble.

<!--EDIT|OldBusaDude
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145480589 -->

The reaper riser are basically a piece of cutted stock circular aluminum rod cut to size and drilled to accept your tripple tree bolts .

On both of my Busa'z I just  stacked a couple of washers together using electrical tape to get my preferred height I wanted. . Then you will need to replace your stock triple tree (handlebar clipon) bolts with a set of  longer bolts that best fit your comfort level. "Dont stack your washers above 1.25 height (Max Height)You can find a replacement of allen head tripple tree bolts  at one of you local Nut and Bolt distributor. Just make sure to ask for the same tensil strenght bolt, which is stamp on the bolt head.  

My.02

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145486577 -->

cool.gif
cool.gif
i did 3/4 reaper risers and heli bars....changed to zero gravity dbl bubble sheild.......works great...huge difference......works with stock cables fine

cool.gif

I put the 1.25 Genmar on my '06. Just removed the bolts from the triple t, slipped in the riser and installed the longer bolts. No cable adjustments needed. Works GREAT--took all of 15 minutes to install! I'm 6'6" and works great for me.

I just installed the 1.25" Reaper Risers on my 06 yesterday and after a short ride I can say that it is definately alot more comfortable. I only had to loosen the cable adjuster on the high idle a little bit and that was it.

Back