Riding in MD, VA, DC tomorrow or Sunday? (12/13 or 14/2008)

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
If so, post up the when and the where, maybe we can do a short group ride.

FYI: Tomorrow's weather is looking sunny, w/a high about 37. Sunday is looking the same but w/a high of about 45.

I'll be lookin' to ride between 1pm to about 4pm to catch the warmest temps.
Thinkin' about maybe startin' out with Beach Drive in Silver Spring.

Saddle up!

I'm checkin' this thread tomorrow morning. Not sure about heading over to SS for my first ride ever on the new Busa, but ya' never know. Just got the plates on her today.

- Cheers, AJ

PS - My 1977 GS550E was a wonderful bike. My 1985 GS700E didn't have quite the handling of your '85 550, but the extra power was worth it. Out of all my bikes past, that 700E is the only one I wish I had kept.

I'm checkin' this thread tomorrow morning. Not sure about heading over to SS for my first ride ever on the new Busa, but ya' never know. Just got the plates on her today.

- Cheers, AJ

PS - My 1977 GS550E was a wonderful bike. My 1985 GS700E didn't have quite the handling of your '85 550, but the extra power was worth it. Out of all my bikes past, that 700E is the only one I wish I had kept.

Right on! I got my Hayabusa in Alexandria, VA. 1st ride was route 1 and 95/495. Tomorrow I won't be lookin' to do anything extreme, just a ride for the sake of gettin' out to ride. I'll be checking this thread tomorrow morning as well.

I've heard lot's of good stuff about the 700's. I inherited the GS550ES from an uncle who decided he wanted one less bike. If I had chosen the bike, I would've gone for an ES model, maybe a 700 or 750, but the 1100's are legendary.

Well met. Maybe we'll ride tomorrow.

Good morning folks. Still a wee bit chilly here in NoVa - 31*F - and there were ice patches on the road when I took my son to crew practice.

For now, here's a pic of the 1985 GS700E, an early Hans Muth design, and still one of the prettier bikes ever built in my (completely unbiased) opinion! Believe it or not, I put that body work on my Sportster to see what it looked like. Fantastic. The Sporty ended up with an XLCR tank, but I wish I had bought a set of this body work and used it instead. You can't find this stuff anymore.

Will check back in later when it warms up. And you fellas from Santa Clara and Indianapolis, well, you'd be welcome if you showed up. :thumbsup:

1985_GS700E-ES_sales1b_800.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds great but Sunday in December is football...not to mention the Ravens vs Steelers showdown for the AFC north tomorrow...enjoy...if ya get out take pics

Good morning folks. Still a wee bit chilly here in NoVa - 31*F - and there were ice patches on the road when I took my son to crew practice.

For now, here's a pic of the 1985 GS700E, an early Hans Muth design, and still one of the prettier bikes ever built in my (completely unbiased) opinion! Believe it or not, I put that body work on my Sportster to see what it looked like. Fantastic. The Sporty ended up with an XLCR tank, but I wish I had bought a set of this body work and used it instead. You can't find this stuff anymore.

Will check back in later when it warms up. And you fellas from Santa Clara and Indianapolis, well, you'd be welcome if you showed up. :thumbsup:

I've got some of those GS550E/ES ads. Very cool stuff. I can't believe you put the body work on a HD! Do you have any pics?

Sounds great but Sunday in December is football...not to mention the Ravens vs Steelers showdown for the AFC north tomorrow...enjoy...if ya get out take pics

Amen! However, I'm more of a DVR game watcher. Just finished watching Pittsburgh vs Dallas on Thursday.

I'll definitely try to get some pics...if I ever put my feet down! ;)

:beerchug:

Just got back from a 40 something mile ride and enjoying for fine cognac to thaw meself out. Looked at the thermometer and it's only 31*F. No wonder I am freezing.

Hey Melodic, you really think it will hit 45 tomorrow? After today, that will feel like summer!

Just got back from a 40 something mile ride and enjoying for fine cognac to thaw meself out. Looked at the thermometer and it's only 31*F. No wonder I am freezing.

Hey Melodic, you really think it will hit 45 tomorrow? After today, that will feel like summer!

Freezing? Sounds like you need the right gear. I was fine today except my neck - scarf wasn't cuttin' it all that well, so I stopped at Cycles USA and picked up my first ever balaclava. Future cold weather rides will be even more comfy! :thumbsup: I just layer up shirts, 3 - 1 short sleeve, 2 long sleeve, under my leathers, switch to my Lee Parks Deersking PCI gloves, add my regular boots and helmet, and, now, my balaclava, and I'm good to go!

Actually, the forecast has been updated to hit over 50 degrees tomorrow. Looks like tomorrow will be even better riding!

Didn't get to ride much today. Had a last minute/surprise visit from the parental unit.

I did manage to hit the road on the Hayabusa with about 90 minutes before dusk. Played around on Beach Drive, took a few bad pics (color balance and exposure settings were off a bit). During my pic break I used the mufflers to heat up my gloves...worked great! With plenty of layering and the full fairing of the Hayabusa, I actually stayed very comfortable for most of the ride.

I think the temp was right around 35 when I started. By the time I got back to the house, about 5:15 pm, I'm pretty sure temps were down closer to 30 and I could definitely feel it. Thus the stop for the balaclava to make future cold weather riding that much more enjoyable.

Tomorrow's high around here is now being predicted to over 50!!! With no precip in the forecast, I'll be looking to ride again tomorrow.

Stay warm, but stay riding!!!

FYI: Will be lookin' to ride tomorrow as well. I'll be lookin' to hit the road no later than Noon and wind it no later than 5 pm. If you're interested, post up. I'll be watching this thread. Can't let the rare good weather go to waste!

Let's ride!:beerchug:

Back