Rides will be put-off for a few days

Sannosuke

Registered
Was going to take a little ride today after work but this is what I arrived home to. Going to pour the actual cement tomorrow.

Cement dudes said I could take the Busa out after about 3/4 days. Oh well, gives me time to do all the other stuff I've been neglecting/putting off...

DSC00064-1.jpg

DSC00065-1.jpg

dont forget to put your name in it
cool.gif
And hand prints! ;-)

The last house I built my kids were all small and they all put their hand-prints in the cement. It's been years now and occasionally we'll drive by and take a look the wee little hand-prints... brings back sentimental memories.

It looks only like rebar at the moment? Get her out while you can, if you can, before they pour the cement tomorrow. As long as you don't dig it up, the rebar should just flex down and come right back?

It looks only like rebar at the moment? Get her out while you can, if you can, before they pour the cement tomorrow. As long as you don't dig it up, the rebar should just flex down and come right back?
The problem is the lip for the garage pad is higher then the dirt, can't imagine what the bottom of the bike would look like if I didn't have enough clearance. If I really had to I could rig a little ramp but that would only solve half the problem. The other issue is the dirt has also been packed, probably not a good ideal to have it loosened up where I'd be driving on it.

you driving on it for what little time wont be a problem cause it is tamped but usually only to like 60 to 75 percent. and your not goin to hurt it a bit.... take the bike out tell the concrete guys that your payin to help they probably would now make sure it sets up rght to cause if it is in the sun it can cure way to fast and it will crack on you ask them what thepercentages are of water and air in the crete mix if they are using a truck

I'm still leaving for Cali on Wednesday at 330p........I thought you meant everybody...my bad.
coolold.gif

you driving on it for what little time wont be a problem cause it is tamped but usually only to like 60 to 75 percent.  and your not goin to hurt it a bit.... take the bike out tell the concrete guys that your payin to help they probably would now make sure it sets up rght to cause if it is in the sun it can cure way to fast and it will crack on you ask them what thepercentages are of water and air in the crete mix if they are using a truck
True enough but in the off chance I catch these guys in a bad mood they could really muck-up the pad.

Our contract states that if the pad does crack due to poor craftsmanship (improper thickness. bad mix or not cured properly etc.) the contractor has to rip it out and redo it at their own expense. So being that they are not in business to be redoing shoddy work they'll most likely get it right the first time.

Make sure they remove that big 4x4 sticking out of the ground, that thing would get annoying driving around every day!
cool.gif

Back