Rick Phillips- My Bus goes on the dyno Tuesday morning at NW Cycle.

OB_Kirk

Registered
Be there or be talked about. I cannot afford to pay to build a map for it now and then pay again to build another map after I do the cams in a few thousand miles, so I'm probably not going to have him re-map it for me. I've got 007HARV loaded in it now. Josh says that the buttons on the PCII don't really do much, so I don't know what to expect. He seems pretty confident in his ability to build maps. He wants to just put it up on the dyno with the A/F meter and see what we've got.

Well, it was a learning experience. We put it up on the dyno and stuck the A/F meter in it. I only got 161.3 hp. Josh says that is really strong. Dynos are different, and stock Hayabusas usually dyno at about 146 on his. His dyno may be stingy. I may need to spend less time reading impressive numbers on the internet. Either way, I'll call it a 15hp gain, and it feels like it. He says to expect about 180hp or so with cams. I used 007HARV and had to go down 2 bars on the top end to keep the A/F meter between 12.5 at 70mph and 13.4 at 156. Bad air day? We ran it into the rev-limiter. Should my mph be higher? (I have a 200mm 207 rear tire). The only tire smoke that I saw was on the first pull. The primarys are coloring evenly, so I don't think that I have an injector problem, and the A/F readings were easy enough to adjust with the buttons on the PCII, so I don't think that I have a filter problem. I am getting color on the collector extension outside the bodywork now. Josh says there is definitely more horsepower to be had by mapping it.

No. I must have e-mail probs. The last time I got mail was 'lantabusa on 06/22/00. Did you get my land line phone number? I can arrange to have a phone attached to it at a particular time if you want to talk. Let me know. Are you able to attend in the morning?

Did you get my phone number? This would be easier over the phone. I'll be up for a little bit. Let me know and I'll disconnect the computer and hook up the phone. Josh says He'd rather do it in the morning because the dyno room gets smoking hot in the afternoons. I could meet you at Starbucks on NW 23rd after you get off, especially if you are riding.

Back