Return to the Dragon

ezgo

Registered
Leaving the Nomad in the garage and piloting the Busa down to Deals Gap, tomorrow, back on Mon. about 2400 miles, did this trip in May, on the Nomad, I'll have a comfort report next week. It will be interesting to see how the idea's and mods I learned from this board work out. 04 Busa, heli-bars, 3/4" genmars, corbin saddle, ZG-ST screen, received Tuesday and installed easily thanks to board members help, drop down riders pegs, 1 1/4" lower, pod- mod, carbon fiber frame sliders, Scorpio 1-500 security system, yup I spent some money, and this bike is fun to ride. Till next week.

...piloting the Busa down to Deals Gap, tomorrow, back on Mon. about 2400 miles....comfort report next week.
I am looking forward to reading your gouge; I really want to take ole' bessie on that run.

Errrrr.
Shawn

Have fun and post lots of pics.
cool.gif

Back today at 11:00 AM  Mon. WOW, first of all this Busa is my 17th or 18th big bike, so I'm not a newbe to iron, but the busa is the most precise machine yet, first day 688 miles, I tought my back and butt were  broken. The second day I took the backpack off and bungeed it to the rear seat with the second bag on top, real beverly hillbilly's that helped my back and I finally figured out the proper tuck and I was good for the tankfull which is 220 miles with .5 gal left. Deduct 8% for speedo correction (I GPS the bike speed). Bottom line- the Corbin seat needs a tad more thigh support, the Bruell pegs worked great ( 33" inseam) the ZG sport touring screen performed like some posted earlier, it was ok only at high speed but I would have been better served with a D B which would sail me better on the wind and relieve the neck strain, which is due to a mess in the disk's and arthrithis. the Heli-bars and GenMar 3/4: risers helped (and yes I am trying to make it into a goldwing ha! ha! ) My buddy took the pic's and vidio from his bike, don't know if I can get them on the site once I have them. 2200 miles round  trip 3 1/5 days, rode the foothills parkway then Deal's gap twice 2 crashes we were told that day 1 on the Dragon the other on the skyway, the  busa is a fantastic road bike if you can make your body fit right.

You must be an old guy like me!
biggrin.gif
Genmars and Helibars? Maybe you should consider the Converitbar setup! Seriously, with your current configuration, did you have to lengthen any of your cables?

Great road trip, BTW. Want to do that one myself in the near future.

A'Busa'd,

You guessed the age thing right, 70 last week, About the cables, I rode up to the Heli-bar factory to have the installation, I believe they rerouted at least the trottle advance cable aft of the steering head.

Anyone riding a busa 2000+ miles in a three day trip gets my vote of confidence...
smile.gif

Back