I want to go to the Dragon

big jim

Registered
all_coholic.gif
I have not been on the board long and see every one talking about the Dragon. I am now very intrigued about going but do not know where to start looking for information. There is a group of 5 riders down here in South Florida that want to go along with me (I have the only Busa) and I need to start planning this trip. Any information that you folks can give me will be appreciated.
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Also, check out the previous rides/meet and greets we've had...we've got one at the end of Sept. and there will be another in the spring...

Where are you from big Jim, I am in Ft Myers. I just came back from Deals Gap and it was great. I was there the week before the crack down, 3 people died the weeks before so the cops are all over the place. If you dont mind a dry county (no alchohol) Robbinsville is a good place to stay but the closest bar is 50 minuits away.

(sutphen77 @ Aug. 27 2007,11:04) Where are you from big Jim, I am in Ft Myers.  I just came back from Deals Gap and it was great.  I was there the week before the crack down, 3 people died the weeks before so the cops are all over the place.  If you dont mind a dry county (no alchohol) Robbinsville is a good place to stay but the closest bar is 50 minuits away.
They started the patrols July 1st. The deaths happened after that. Then to save face they really cracked down. Weekends have seen as many as 18 LEO's from two departments. we have tons of good roads around here but unless you just have to see it, wait till later in the year because the LEO's will be around till Sept at least.

Thanks for all of the info. I got on the tail of the dragon website and started looking around and reading all of the stories about the harrasment of the LEO's and I think I am going to wait until the spring to go for the first time.
beerchug.gif

(sutphen77 @ Aug. 27 2007,14:04) Where are you from big Jim, I am in Ft Myers.  I just came back from Deals Gap and it was great.  I was there the week before the crack down, 3 people died the weeks before so the cops are all over the place.  If you dont mind a dry county (no alchohol) Robbinsville is a good place to stay but the closest bar is 50 minuits away.
I am in Fort Lauderdale just a quick drive across the alley
all_coholic.gif

(big jim @ Aug. 27 2007,17:02) Thanks for all of the info. I got on the tail of the dragon website and started looking around and reading all of the stories about the harrasment of the LEO's and I think I am going to wait until the spring to go for the first time.
beerchug.gif
keep in mind that they normally start out the year with a big presents as well. If you can go during the week. They are normally out there on the weekends in force but during the week you may only see one cop all day. Just keep on eye on the websites listed above and head up once things clam down. You'll love it there.

We went a month ago on our honeymoon, GREAT ride and like Don said the cherohola and the hellbender (which is where we stayed Fontana village resort ) are awesome runs, during the week the leo's weren't around. She is still telling me she can pack up our luggage in a hour to leave again...........

Ride the Dragon slow the first time to get acquainted with it. Don't get over confident or it will ruin your day; you have to have 100% concentration on this road!

That's for sure .... we have chatterboxes while we ride..
the first time we started on the dragon it was small chit chat..ect. but by probably the 5th turn into it we both said ...no talking.. pay attention to our driving , consintrate..

I'll admit when we went we rode a couple of days before the leo's during the week and it was great riding at our own pace but on the weekend 30 mph is a great consistant speed to really learn the dragon...you see more of the angles and contoures of the road and you can relax and enjoy.......

(Busasweety @ Aug. 28 2007,03:52) That's for sure .... we have chatterboxes while we ride..
the first time we started on the dragon it was small chit chat..ect. but by probably the 5th turn into it we both said ...no talking.. pay attention to our driving , consintrate..

I'll admit when we went we rode a couple of days before the leo's during the week and it was great riding at our own pace but on the weekend 30 mph is a great consistant speed to really learn the dragon...you see more of the angles and contoures of the road  and you can relax and enjoy.......
You must be half of the twins that made the front page. Me and Zee were talking about you two the last run through. To each their own but 30 sucks to me. I would rather not go ride than ride it 30.

We both prefer to go faster !!!!! I was trying to say if you have to go 30 because of leo's than it's better than nothing !

Example; if you hungry and all you got is PB&J with only 1 slice of bread ....you"ll still make 1/2 a sandwich......Best thing ...go to the store get bread / Dragon and leo's...go during the week.

Back