Replacing front turn signal lens

OB_Jeff Hartz

Registered
I took a rock on my left turn signal lens and I need to replace it. I am trying to figure out how to remove the fastener that is located under the left mirror next to the windshield. It's not one of the allen screws but a small black plastic fastner. Any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

I'm not 100% sure but I think you are refering to a black rivet. If it is a rivet all you have to do is use a jewlers, small, plain screwdriver and pop up the center section just a little then pull the entire rivet up. To install it make sure the center section is extended, push the outer section down and then push the center section in.
Hope this is what you wanted.
Ride Safe, Bob

The black plastic rivets,

To remove push in the center pin section below the flange and then pry the the flanges edge up and out.

To replace the rivet, when the rivet is free in your hand push the center pin back through the top so that it protrudes out and simply insert the rivet back in the hole, when in location push in the pin.

It sounds a little bit strange in the fact that you press in the pin to release the rivet, but that is how it works.

It is not shown in the owners manual, only in the service manual.

If you are still confused go to dealer and look in service manual or send me an email and I will send you a scanned diagram.

Back