Reparations

This would open a huge "can of worms" as the woke are trying to set today's standards to the past....

As horrible as it was, slavery was a part of US history and to cancel out all of the founding fathers who participated in slavery is not the way to go...

We have the same issue here in Canada where our own founding fathers are being cancelled out due to treatment of indigenous peoples....as harsh as it sounds today, in their day, this was a fact of life....indigenous leaders of the time did their own fair share of atrocities against settlers but they have been exonerated rather than persecuted...

Cancel culture will be the undoing of history.

This would open a huge "can of worms" as the woke are trying to set today's standards to the past....

As horrible as it was, slavery was a part of US history and to cancel out all of the founding fathers who participated in slavery is not the way to go...

We have the same issue here in Canada where our own founding fathers are being cancelled out due to treatment of indigenous peoples....as harsh as it sounds today, in their day, this was a fact of life....indigenous leaders of the time did their own fair share of atrocities against settlers but they have been exonerated rather than persecuted...

Cancel culture will be the undoing of history.
It was legal in way more places than the U.S. Including Africa.

It's an interesting legal argument. Should silence a lot of the "woke" culture if they actually have to pay out money instead of always demanding it be paid to them.

Last edited:
It was legal in way more places than the U.S. Including Africa.

It's an interesting legal argument. Should silence a lot of the "woke" culture if they actually have to pay out money instead of always demanding it be paid to them.
Of course slavery was a global plague and still is...I recently read somewhere there are more people in slavery now than ever before....

The scary part of all this is where will it all end up?

How far will it go before history is erased or rewritten in the image of the narrative....

Lot of good, bad and very bad things happened in the history of the world and our nations...if this history is erased, how will anyone ever learn from these events.

The scary part of all this is where will it all end up?

How far will it go before history is erased or rewritten in the image of the narrative....

Lot of good, bad and very bad things happened in the history of the world and our nations...if this history is erased, how will anyone ever learn from these events.
What's more disturbing is how they never want slavery to stop being discussed.

I think people like Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman do a good job.

When s pot stirrer ask them how to handle these topics, or try to bait them, they both have the same answer.

Stop talking about it.
I was thinking more of schools and the like, that's where the discussion is needed only so the topic isn't forgotten, much the same as other events in history are discussed...

Remembering is important but dwelling on something isn't..

Conversations like this make me glad I'm not a part of this group anymore. Such a mindlessly defensive discussion of the subject. No point in taking part in it.

My answer to this is simple....

I never owned any slaves and you damn sure never picked cotton.

Its ridiculous to think the current generation should be responsible for the errors of previous generations. Was stated above, whats next, we going to hold Rome responsible for everything it did?

My answer to this is simple....

I never owned any slaves and you damn sure never picked cotton.

Its ridiculous to think the current generation should be responsible for the errors of previous generations. Was stated above, whats next, we going to hold Rome responsible for everything it did?
Not to pick on u but this is kind of a dumb statement.

1. Clearly most of u didn’t even read the article, which I think will be great if it happens more.

2. Every time in history, that I can recall anyway, that we did something messed up, we paid “reparations.”
Japanese concentration camps here on our soil? reparations.

Bomb the Japanese? Reparations

Kill all the native Americans? Reparations

Aid to other messed up countries? Yea no problem.

And on and on. The only time nothing happened is for slavery. Immediately after the civil war things were on the upswing for uniting the country and then something happened and it was like “the south shall rise again” and everything went to poop. Starting this decades long ongoing civil rights struggle.

So no, nobody owns slaves or picks cotton like it’s 1825, and no, nobody is going after Rome because we don’t live in Rome. But to say America isn’t still responsible for something when clearly it quickly takes responsibility in everything else, even things we shouldn’t, is ridiculous. This particular bill is just past due and in collections lol

Not to pick on u but this is kind of a dumb statement.

1. Clearly most of u didn’t even read the article, which I think will be great if it happens more.

2. Every time in history, that I can recall anyway, that we did something messed up, we paid “reparations.”
Japanese concentration camps here on our soil? reparations.

Bomb the Japanese? Reparations

Kill all the native Americans? Reparations

Aid to other messed up countries? Yea no problem.

And on and on. The only time nothing happened is for slavery. Immediately after the civil war things were on the upswing for uniting the country and then something happened and it was like “the south shall rise again” and everything went to poop. Starting this decades long ongoing civil rights struggle.

So no, nobody owns slaves or picks cotton like it’s 1825, and no, nobody is going after Rome because we don’t live in Rome. But to say America isn’t still responsible for something when clearly it quickly takes responsibility in everything else, even things we shouldn’t, is ridiculous. This particular bill is just past due and in collections lol
Check your history. After slaves were freed, Lincoln at great cost to America, established Liberia. And offered to repatriate any freed slaves an all expense paid relocation there. Those that chose to stay in America were given land holdings to establish their homes. It's not only taught in our history, I'm living on land that the descendants sold for profit along the way. There are still large swaths of land here still owned by those descendants.

Sorry if you didn't get any benefits 300 years later. Take that up with your ancestors. How many times over should we keep paying?

Check your history. After slaves were freed, Lincoln at great cost to America, established Liberia. And offered to repatriate any freed slaves an all expense paid relocation there. Those that chose to stay in America were given land holdings to establish their homes. It's not only taught in our history, I'm living on land that the descendants sold for profit along the way. There are still large swaths of land here still owned by those descendants.

Sorry if you didn't get any benefits 300 years later. Take that up with your ancestors. How many times over should we keep paying?
I have no problem checking, as I said immediately after the war, things were on the upswing, and then it went to poop.

Liberia was a non starter, u phrase it like a vacation when Lincoln was simply scared of slaves outnumbering whites across the country and wanted to get rid of em. And nobody supported it. They even did a trial run that failed. Blacks didn’t want to go back to Africa, they wanted to be equal in the country they were born in, America.

As far as the land, are u referring to the order that pres jackson reversed after Lincoln died? If u wana get deep into history, u gotta acknowledge it all, good and bad.

AND more importantly, “I” never asked anybody for anything, you don’t know me enough to know where I stand in the “we vs them” argument.

Back