repairing plastic piece

redvoodoo

Registered
This past fall I accidently knocked over my dirt bike in the garage. Luckily for the dirtbike, My 2006 busa limited broke its' fall. The bark buster on the dirtbike hit the front nose piece, causing about a 3 inch crack in the nose piece. I have never worked with repairing plastic before. Is the piece repairable, or would I have to repair the entire nose clip?
It isn't real noticable, but will no doubt keep cracking further.

You can repair just the crack, but you will still need to paint it and blending that pearl white is not gunna be fun!
You can also just buy the nose brand new for like 180 bucks

Plastic is hard to work with, u can try this hillbilly fix though...

Drill a 1-2inch hole on both sides of the crack to keep it from spreading, then use wall spackle to cover the holes, liquid white-out to match the paint and viola! your good as new.
face7.gif

+1 on that. I dont have the time or the patience to fix it to make it look perfect. Buy a new one.

What a drag. Good luck.

Personally, I'd go with a brand new one (or e-bay, craig's list or some other shizzle).

If you decide to replace it, I'll take the useless busted one off your hands. Or you can weld the crack up from the inside and not have to repaint anything.

Back