Removing plastics...

ROYZGSX

Registered
New guy here... Quick. 26 years old from Los Angeles CA.
Owner of a 2004 SIlver/Blue Busa.

This is my 2nd bike. First bike was a 1995 Ducati Monster 900. Nice bike but the busa is sooooo much better in sooo many ways.

Anyhow...

I'm having problems removing the plastics. When I bought this bike the headlight is pointing too low and sucks on the frwy at night. I was looking to adjust it but I have to remove the plastics to get in there.
How in the hell do you get the plastics off? What is the proper procedure. ANy tricks I should know?

I tried removing the plastics but I just ended up with a hand full of screws but nothing came off!

There are some black plastic rivet like things on the top part where the windsheild goes. How does that come off?

I know this is a rookie question but I used to have a naked bike and not used to all the plastic.

Any help/tips/pictures would be badass!

BTW... this forum has A LOT of good info. You guys are gooood.

ROYZGSX

Do not take your plastics off. The black plastic piece under the nose comes out and that is where you adjust your headlight from. There are push pin rivets holing it on. Push the center part of the rivet in, the rivet will come out easily, remove the panel, you can see the adjusters on the back of the headlight assembly, when you put the panel back, push the center of the rivets back out so they are protruding from the mushroom shaped section of the rivet assembly, place the rivet in the hole, press the center pin flush and it is locked back into place.

when you get around to dropping your oil, you'll need to take the throttle side lower off. remove the screws, the small push pin under the nose, the large push pin on the black upper, and then there's a pin you cannot see that goes into a rubber 'grommet'.. it's on the black part of the upper (can never remember the name for it) near the rear, and you have to lift this pin out of the rubber grommet mounting hole before you can remove the entire lower.

Oh ya, welcome to the board!!
biggrin.gif

You should be able to do it without removing the plastics. If not, the plastics are all secured together and have many screws and push pins. Take your time and you will do fine!

I forgot to welcome you to the board! The insanity is contagious!

Back