Remove baffle?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
i have yoshi slip ons and they are pretty quiet. so im thinking maybe removing the baffles? yay or nay?

and i dont see any way to unscrew the muffle to get the baffle out so if anyone has done this before who can lead me before i take tedious time to find out how to get at the baffles please let me know

which ones do you have? what is the model of them in other words. I have the RS-3 and there is an allen head screw just on the inside that you remove and they come right out.

i really dont know.... im in ohio without the bike til tuesday. all i have is a picture of it. i didnt install the exhaust the previous owner did so i dont first hand know which one

Ok, if you pipe has a removable baffle, look at this example. There will be two allen head screws, remove those and the baffle will pull straight out. Your might have screws or it could be riveted in. I am not familiar with the rivets, maybe someone else will know. Definite difference in sound. This little 750 sounded as good as my busa with the baffle removed.

random 051.jpg

Last edited:
Ill have to look at it and see. If it is ill find out what exhaust it is and post a new thread with pics in case someone else wants to remove the baffle on my type of exhaust. for yoshi its just so quiet... i know the top has rivets but could just be decoration...

im looking for a secound hand set of slipons,,but I dont want them modified,,,yosh-2 ovals would be nice,,i have the factory cans but I would love to look at anything out there,plus,,what sounds good,,I dont want super loud,,just a nice throaty sound,,,no high oinging like a coffee can of bolts being rattled,,,plus I do want to keep some of my back presure do to the map im running for the Nos,,,,,,Im sure theres alot of guys who have upgraded and have some laying around,,,,,thanks

two brothers has a nice throaty sound. yoshi usually does. mines throaty but quiet... kinda dissappointing for yoshi.

two brothers will not dissappoint

im looking for a secound hand set of slipons,,but I dont want them modified,,,yosh-2 ovals would be nice,,i have the factory cans but I would love to look at anything out there,plus,,what sounds good,,I dont want super loud,,just a nice throaty sound,,,no high oinging like a coffee can of bolts being rattled,,,plus I do want to keep some of my back presure do to the map im running for the Nos,,,,,,Im sure theres alot of guys who have upgraded and have some laying around,,,,,thanks

check the CLASSIFIEDS here, Scar is selling Two Brothers s/o: Famous 2Bros CF Slip-On's (Gen2) - Hayabusa Classifieds

ive got wholes where it shows yours are but there are no nuts to remove... im starting to think mine arent removeable... i dont knowww ??? ???

Thanks brothers for the info on the exhaust,,,,Russell be carefull tho,,I dont know why,,but 2 people on this board are haveing backfire issues,,,dont wanna burn a valve by sucking in cold air by back pressure,,,I dont know but ones circumstance,,he has a hole in the back of his,,be carefull,Im not saying to not take them out,,,be carefull

So i removed the baffles today. It was an awesome decision. The bike sounds amazing. No difference in throttle or performance, better or worse. The backpressure you guys talk about is no offense but kind of nonsense when it comes to removing the baffles. The exhaust exit is the same no matter if you take the insides out or not. No difference in exit flow. Now going from stock to aftermarket i can see how it would affect it.

My advice = Is your exhaust to quiet? REMOVE THE BAFFLES AND PACKING. :thumbsup:

I have the yosh r-77 dual slip on's.. How do i remove the baffles

On the outside of each pipe closest to the rear tire (inside) you will see a rubber plug. Remove that to gain acess to the bolt that holds them in. Trust me you wont be disapointed

Back