brocks alien head or brocks shortmeg?

IRDEATH

Registered
at a glance only difference I can tell is that they are shaped differently, and the shortmeg's baffle can be removed, correct? do both have same hp gains and sounds? I am going to switch out my yoshi r-77 full exhaust for a brocks, the r-77 is a little to quiet for me now.

shortmeg if you're going to be racing; can remove baffle for added hp... but if you just want sound keep your yosh header a buy a hedman resonated shorty pipe (2.25 inlet) from jegs.com for bout $35 and another $15 for a good t-clamp: or you can just get brock slip on to go with your yosh. header to save cash. the header are the same size diameter. some people think the brock header is larger but its not. its all in the pipe....brock.com/clerance had a use black slip on for about $300: or you can make your own shorty, just get a tip of your choice (2.25 inlet by 9-12in long); coat the inside with fiber glass; then put an adjustable silencer.

Last edited:
alien head :thumbsup:

pics fro my i phone 1808.jpg

I've never been a fan of the looks of either honestly. thats why i have the r55. i do like brocks ct line though. The muffler shape is more appropriate in my eyes.

i had the same question so i called and talked to brock. he told me that they are the same pipe sans the alien head being squished. same flow, same everything. he told me to call their support guys to ask about clearance issues. called them, no reported clearance issues, so as mentioned - the removable baffle - is the only difference. its all personal preference from here. do you want round or squished? i opted for round...

jan2010.jpg

I'm curious too. I've heard a couple sound clips, and the alien head sounds like music to my ears, but I'm also guessing it's not neighborhood friendly.

Back