Remote oil filter

Rosco

Registered
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a remote oil filter adaptor on the market and if so where to get one.

I would like to get the filter further away from the turbo's heat as well as solving some clearance issues.

At the moment I have to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter. Thats a pain!

I figure a remote filter would solve both issues.

Any help welcome

Cheers
Ross

You can get a filter that does not require you to remove the exhaust it has a bolt/screw at the top...I'll try and find out the brand and part #...

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a remote oil filter adaptor on the market and if so where to get one.

I would like to get the filter further away from the turbo's heat as well as solving some clearance issues.

At the moment I have to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter. Thats a pain!

I figure a remote filter would solve both issues.

Any help welcome

Cheers
Ross
Motorhead (owner of suzukihayabusa.org) had one on one of his bikes, maybe go over there and post it in the turbo section?

Thanks guys.

I know what you mean about the nut thing on the end of some filters.

The issue is the filter cannot unscrew enough to come off before it hits the dump pipe.

Sorry about the poor description.
smile.gif

I will look at Motorheads site but if there are any other suggestions feel free!

Cheers
Ross

Can't help with the remote set up - other than
a good machinist could probably make one on a cnc machine for the right  $$$$.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: "im stupid"|1149851875 -->

I'm interested in one too if anyone is looking at making these.

There are enough of us guys running these engines in Sandrails, etc.

Sorry...no CAD software on this computer

quick sketch

relocator.jpg

You'd need 2 of these
the OEM nipple
4 AN fitting (elbows most likely)
hoses
filter.
2 orings.

Back