Received My Acropovic system

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok ladies and gents, I received my full system compliments of jamesnismo! This system is light as fug! I thought since I'm running the acropovic map, and I got his sytem at a deal, I thought I would give it try. As luck would have it, I found a dyno last night! I was wandering if any body would know the numbers I should expect from the ackropovic system and PC3 usb? I'm going to do a before pull and an after pull. The HMF system is cosmetically perfect,also the power gain was significant, do you really think the Ackropovic is that much better than the HMF? I know the Avkropovic will be lighter, but is that it? I have my reservations about the Busa and one can, but the discoration of the ackropovic titanium system is something I like also, kinda like the system that busafever has on his 1000! That system rocks! What are you guys feelings on the busa with 2cans, one can, and is there a big difference in the performance between these 2 systems? Thanks to all that reply. NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113467654 -->

This is one thread I should follow...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113471026 -->

Yeah, NJ, I thought you were an HMFer for life! I have known a guy with an Akra can and a PCIIIUSB and he pulled 178 on a Dyno. I am still a 2-can fan which is why I am having difficulty going with a full system. I just feel like it would be missing something (other than the obvious)!

Yeah, NJ, I thought you were an HMFer for life!  I have known a guy with an Akra can and a PCIIIUSB and he pulled 178 on a Dyno.  I am still a 2-can fan which is why I am having difficulty going with a full system.  I just feel like it would be missing something (other than the obvious)!
I agree with you Ken, but why is there such a big difference in the prices in the two? Is this a case of you get what you pay for, brand recognition, quality? I have to know.Or is it just because of the titanium?

NJ, you know where I stand. HMF.
I know pipe, this is very hard for me, I love the highmounts,but there has to be a reason why the akropovic is so much more expensive.I want to rule out the performance possibility once and for all. I know the HMF's are awsome, lets find out why the akropovic is touted so much.

I like the single pipe. Oh and we are gonna need some pics with all these mods your putting on.
wink.gif

Or is it just because of the titanium? [/QUOTE]

Titanium does push up the price considerably... even though the performance is the same IMO.

I've always thought all bikes looked better with just one can. I liked the left side can on ZX-10/11's, thought that was different. I think Akro has performance gains, but the only way to tell is what you're about to do. As far as 1 vs. 2 cans, it's about personal preference.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1113491000 -->

Holy shid nitrous your leaving the beloved HMF
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. One can is lighter than two. I think it looks better too. Go with teh akra, if ididnt have the hindle thats what id have
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I like one can for all the reasons above, and chain maintenance is easier to do. For those how do it
tounge.gif

I was always under the impression that one can is slightly better than 2 cans with respect to HP increase. Correct me if i'm wrong
rock.gif
!!!

Ive heard that before too. Also when adjusting lowering links its easy to have the bolts come out the side the pipe isn't on

i LIKE THE LOOK OF ONE CAN, PLUS ITS LIGHTER AND IT BREATHES BETTER... PUT YOUR HAND BEHIND THE PIPES OF A DUAL SYTEM (NOT MUCH BREATH COMING OUT) AND THEN PUT YOUR HAND BEHIND AN HMF 4-1 CAN. HOLY HELL IS THAT MOVIN' SOME AIR!  THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT MY HMF IS IT'S TOO LOUD AND CRACKLES WHEN YOU REV IN NEUTRAL, BUT THEN AGAIN ITS A 1.3 LITER ENGINE WITH A BIG SET OF BALLS, IT AINT GONNA BE QUIET WITH ANY SYSTEM.

THE OTHER PROB WITH HMF LOW MOUNT IS THE PIPE SETS TOO FAR BACK. i CUT SOME OUT OF MY S-PIPE TO BRING IT FWD AND ALSO RAKED IT UP TO FOLLOW THE LINES OF THE TAIL. SEE PIC!

DSC005712.jpg

I have the Akrapovic EVO full titanium system also
wink.gif
What kind of numbers did your bike make? I'm just trying to justify the BIG difference in price between the two systems I own. As it turns out, the dyno I found is for quads!!!!!!! I still booked an appointment at the dealer to swap the 2 systems, I want to atleast be able to make a "seat of the pants" comparison. This akropovic system is nice as FUG!!!!!! Its so dang light!!!! And the dang mid pipe and the hole it fits in on the can is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let everyone know about my comparison. HMF fans: I'm not jumpin ship!!!! Just making a comparison for my own since I got such a great deal on this Akropovic system. After I make my test, the HMF's will be going back on!!!!! NJ.

so what are you doin with the akro
rock.gif
$$$
smile.gif

Back