Rebuild or buy new motor

levimalone

Registered
I blew my motor yesterday......should i have it rebuilt..or buy a salvaged motor...somebody let my know what they think i should do....

Depends what you did to the motor. Look for a wrecked bike that has a new motor. Don't look at any with motor mounts broke.

Depends on how bad you did your motor in i had to get a whole new short block for mine but i did carrilo rods and overboar kit so i got some good money into mine along with other upgrades on the motor if your block is good then i say upgrade to better but if it's shot might be cheaper to just find another motor i have about 7000 into my motor i think i had other thigns done to the bike at the same time and there all on that list i should break ti all down and let ya know but thats with a 1363 overboar the rods oil pump gear head port and polishing and nos install and some other items like clutch upgrade and windage tray also i can;t think of them all but thats part of them hope that helps ya out some

well....i was reving up the motor (nowhere near redline) and then suddenly a loud sound of twisted metal came from the bike and oil shot everywhere and under the bike there was a pile of twisted metal....i really havent even looked underneath the faring yet..i was so pissed when it happend i just parked the bike and walked away.....

ouch... was the motor broke in??

that had to suck...

Good thing it happened there and not blazing down the road... Sorry to hear about your motor though. Welcome to the board...

yeah it was broke in..it had 4000 miles on it....im not sure what the deal is...looks like im gonna buy a salvaged motor

Back