Rear Wheel Question....

Gerald

Registered
I'm thinking about buying a rear wheel from a guy to eventually send out for chroming after I get the front wheel.He says it's from a 99 GSXR 750 but is the same as the 99 Busa Rear Wheel.The numbers on the spokes read J17XMT6.00 DOT ----BOA SUZUKI----ASAHITECH 1. Is this the same as the original Busa rear wheel?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116407316 -->

I think the 750 wheels will fit, but they're lighter and thus not so strong. This was discussed here not too long ago, try doing a search....

The gsxr 750 wheel is not as wide as a busa or tl1000 rear wheel. It was designed to have a 180 tire and the busa was designed to fit a 190. I think the measurements are like 5.5" wide on the 750 and 6" on the busa. The actual look of the wheel is different also, the busa has rounded spokes and the 750 has more of a diamond shape to them. Mr. Brown is also right in his statement, if you can live with less strength and less width then go for it.

The gsxr 750 wheel is not as wide as a busa or tl1000 rear wheel. It was designed to have a 180 tire and the busa was designed to fit a 190. I think the measurements are like 5.5" wide on the 750 and 6" on the busa. The actual look of the wheel is different also, the busa has rounded spokes and the 750 has more of a diamond shape to them. Mr. Brown is also right in his statement, if you can live with less strength and less width then go for it.
I measured the inner diameter width of the wheel and it's exactly 6" in the bead area.It has J17XMT6.00 stamped on 1 of the spokes.That does mean it's a 6" wheel right...?
rock.gif

I measured the inner diameter width of the wheel and it's exactly 6" in the bead area.It has J17XMT6.00 stamped on 1 of the spokes.That does mean it's a 6" wheel right...?
rock.gif
If it's stamped 6.00.....then its a 6" wheel

For a $120.00 bucks I figured it was a sweet deal so I better get it and put it with my collection of fine Busa Parts.

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116458979 -->

So...does the TL1000 and the Busa use the same rear wheel?
rock.gif

Curious as to what models will fit the Busa in case I want to mount track tires on them as spares.

nah i think the TLs use the gixxer type wheels

just checked tl wheels are the exact same as the busa...there is a front and rear set on ebay right now

Back