09 Gsxr750 rear wheel on 08 Busa Question?

wscycle

Registered
Hi Guys.I was thinking to install a gsxr 750 09 rear wheel on my 08 busa but the gsx wheel is 5.5 inches wide and the busa is 6.0 im now using a shinko 180 slick.Did that half(1/2)inch will afect the rear ratio or it will make any diference in drag performance??

I didnt know that was a smaller width until a friend told me that why Im asking.The gsx 750 09 wheel has the same look of the genII busa but is ligther because the spokes are thinner than the busa.
:beerchug:

I don't know man the 750 is lighter than the Busa therefore might not be rated for the weight and power of the Busa.

Did that half(1/2)inch will afect the rear ratio or it will make any diference in drag performance??
Most people will run a 190 as opposed to a 200, 300, or 330 tire on the back. I don't think a 180 will affect the performance in a bad way. Plus you're now pushing less weight. Get the spacers & rotors so you can slap on a front Gixxer wheel to lighten it up even more.
Also get an aluminum subframe if you don't have one already for an additional reduction.

I don't know man the 750 is lighter than the Busa therefore might not be rated for the weight and power of the Busa.
Huh? People swap the GSXR1k wheels alot. Lightening the rotational mass free's up alot of power... I've never heard of GSXR wheels failing due to weight or power from our Busa's.

Last edited:
Most people will run a 190 as opposed to a 200, 300, or 330 tire on the back. I don't think a 180 will affect the performance in a bad way. Plus you're now pushing less weight. Get the spacers & rotors so you can slap on a front Gixxer wheel to lighten it up even more.
Also get an aluminum subframe if you don't have one already for an additional reduction.

Huh? People swap the GSXR1k wheels alot. Lightening the rotational mass free's up alot of power... I've never heard of GSXR wheels failing due to weight or power from our Busa's.

Did you know the measure of the spacers for the front gsx wheel to fit the busa,because I have a set of gsx1000 and Im only using the rear one and that's why I want to use the 09 gsx750 rear because looks like 08 busa the spokes have the same twist. :beerchug:

Back