Rear tire wear,Damn Suzuki...

OB_Rogue

Registered
So you're saying if you ride your Busa a lot on the freeway the tire will only last about 3000 because the center wears out faster?

I ride my bike about 75% twisty road but I'm keeping a close eye on my stock 56's for wear. I'd like to get at least 3,500 miles on mine before I find replacements.

I wonder if the new BT010's are capable of the 200 mph ratings the BT56J's have?

I got 3500 miles on the rear with only a few
highway miles,the rest on the twisty stuff.
The center of my rear is gone basically,front
is like brand new. I am haveing a set of
Michilen Pilot sports mounted tomorrow.Speed
rateing of the Bridge stone does not mean much to me because i do not go 200mph on the
steet.

Ruff I put the M/T msr1 on couple weeks ago, it's working out pretty good. I didnt get 3K outta the stock Bridgestone.

Kirk:

is that 7,500 miles on a REAR TIRE?

I've gotten 7,500 on a front with remaining tread in the center of about 1,000 miles, but after 12,000 +++ miles and 6 rear tires, I've never gotten better than 2,500 miles on a rear, mostly at or below 2,000 miles, and I do not race, do burn outs or wheelie!

there has been some discussion that road surface might make a difference.

I'm in California, ride canyons the most, maybe our roads have "better" grip???

Had my Busa about 4 months now and done 2600 miles and the back is down to the wear indicators ,So need a new one soon .
7500 miles i wish .

I got almost 7,000 miles on my bike. First tire was gone at 3000 (nice white 2in. wide stripe down the middle before I replaced it.) Second tire, I have strecthed a little more, Only a couple of burn offs. Lots of high speed driving...Thinking about Dunlop 207 street tires. Service manager at the dealership suggests it will hook up better, thus saving the tire from hard accellerating. Any input. Here in OKC, not much turning, but lots of High speeds.

i got 1500 miles on my stock tire!!

bald in the middle from the florida straight roads!!

5050 miles,at wear indicators in the middle.Sides look like brushed suede and the edges are curled and have knots.It's time for new ones.207's or Pilots whatever is in stock and ready to mount.Still grip off center though.Took a (no B.S.)45 mph sweeper today at a tick over(don't read this part Kirk) 100mph.If i can't find 207's or pilots,I have no qualms about stock replacement.It doesn't take as long for the tires to warm up here in Texas. :)
B21

I'm at 7,500 miles on my original BT-56J, but it looks like the top of my head. After 3 months of trying to source a tire, mine should be here about Monday. Most of the wear came from half a dozen top speed runs. I don't really do burn-offs.

4,200 miles and down to wear indicators. Just a couple burn outs and only a couple top end runs. Lots of roll ons from around 4500 in 1st gear. Sides of tire look real good, all wear down the center.

i will need a new one in a while. the only thing that screws me up is burnin the tire. i have not done a "stand still" burnout yet! i wont, i only don rolling ones. i have the tendencie to get to carried away sittin in one spot! Plus if i spin the tire slower it only leaves a faint patch. oh well i have 1500 miles on rear it will last all summer.

Yes I too have this condition where my left hand likes to spring open really fast while the right hand twists very hard. I think they call it longsmokeypatchitis... :)

Back