Rear suspension spring pre-load question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, in the owners manual, it has settings for softer, standard and stiffer. I am going to set mine to stiffer as I weigh 245 or so. The owners manual does not address "Rear suspension spring pre-load adjustment" other than to say spend $$ at the stealership because you need a special tool. So if I just set the stiffer settings in the book, do I need to adj that as well? Thanks

Yes, I have seen Bill's post about suspension. I spend too much time on the highway to set my bike up for ultra sport riding.

I am just curious about this setting. TIA

Don

Ok, in the owners manual, it has settings for softer, standard and stiffer.  I am going to set mine to stiffer as I weigh 245 or so.  The owners manual does not address "Rear suspension spring pre-load adjustment" other than to say spend $$ at the stealership because you need a special tool.  So if I just set the stiffer settings in the book, do I need to adj that as well?  Thanks

Yes, I have seen Bill's post about suspension.  I spend too much time on the highway to set my bike up for ultra sport riding.  

I am just curious about this setting.  TIA

Don
don...did you even bother to check my reply to your other thread?...yesterday?

Back