Rear suspension issues

Buckeyes87

Registered
Hey I have an issue and since I am new to the 'Busa world I am not familiar with where to parts or trust worthy advice. The org has helped me out so far so here it goes. My 'Busa is +10 with a 240 rear and lowered 3". The issue is it hit my undertail. I am 200lbs and when I sit on it and bounce a bit it hits. I haven't rode it yet because of this issue. Any advice on a fix or where to get the proper parts to fix this. Thanks in advance.

A guy with almost your same situation went with air ride, and he solve the problem.

Yeah no air ride not a fan of it as for a new spring thats what I was figuring but what is the best and where to get? I am a suspension idiot so specs etc would be helpfull.:poke:

Is that a genI or genII? Some guys upgrade to genII suspension, seems to be better, you might be able to adjust it stiffer. Im sure someone whos done it will comment on it soon.

Lowered 3 inches?

Is it lowered 3 inches in front as well?

You have issues that will never be cured.

You may put a bandaid over the issues and make it rideable but you'll never have a decent ride!

nothing is going to fix the bottoming out except a higher rate spring, call race tech, trac dynamics, atc, several others out there, tell them youre 10 over and weight. they can get the spring you need.

Lowered 3 inches?

Is it lowered 3 inches in front as well?

You have issues that will never be cured.

You may put a bandaid over the issues and make it rideable but you'll never have a decent ride!

3" in the back and 1.5" in the front. I don't do crazy twisties with this ride its more for cruising and showing up the kids around here that think they can customize. I have an R1 for the crazy rides in the mountains but anyway I think I will take the advice and call Race Tech. Thanks for the help!

3" in the back and 1.5" in the front. I don't do crazy twisties with this ride its more for cruising and showing up the kids around here that think they can customize. I have an R1 for the crazy rides in the mountains but anyway I think I will take the advice and call Race Tech. Thanks for the help!

With a 3 inch drop in the rear you have lost more than half of your suspension travel. If you install a spring heavy enough to keep the rear from bottoming out you may just as well weld the swingarm in place and convert the beast to a "Hardtail".

A properly functioning suspension is what keeps your tires in proper contact with the pavement. You have now given up that function (Properly functioning suspension) which equals poor traction. Your swingarm angle which is responsible for antisquat is completely screwed. The front is taller than the rear which means it's going to turn like a tank. Hard braking is out of the question because the front will bottom out leaving only the flex in the tire for suspsion travel with the results being loss of traction on the front tire just before you do the face plant.

The list is long as to your ailments. It's certainly rideable but I wouldn't be exceeding the posted speed limit.

My suggestions would include lifting the rear up to match the front as a minimum. An inch/half on both ends will make your ride much more streetable. It won't handle nearly as well as stock but it won't ride as poorly as it does now.

Call up All Things Chrome, they have a heavy duty spring that should do it. I just got one a few weeks ago, same issue with a 240, had to ride it tail high last year to keep from rubbing.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

With a 3 inch drop in the rear you have lost more than half of your suspension travel. If you install a spring heavy enough to keep the rear from bottoming out you may just as well weld the swingarm in place and convert the beast to a "Hardtail".

A properly functioning suspension is what keeps your tires in proper contact with the pavement. You have now given up that function (Properly functioning suspension) which equals poor traction. Your swingarm angle which is responsible for antisquat is completely screwed. The front is taller than the rear which means it's going to turn like a tank. Hard braking is out of the question because the front will bottom out leaving only the flex in the tire for suspsion travel with the results being loss of traction on the front tire just before you do the face plant.

The list is long as to your ailments. It's certainly rideable but I wouldn't be exceeding the posted speed limit.

My suggestions would include lifting the rear up to match the front as a minimum. An inch/half on both ends will make your ride much more streetable. It won't handle nearly as well as stock but it won't ride as poorly as it does now.

Hey thanks for the advice, I knew going into this I would lose ridability, I called Trax Dynamics and they suggested a new spring 17.9 kg and new re-valving, so I am considering this. What do you think about this idea and the over all outcome.

Back