Rear shock adj.tool??

toastman

Registered
Hey gang,

Just wondering what you use to adjust the rings on the rear shock over the spring?? Do you have to buy some special half moon looking tool from the stealership?? Need to know soon as I just lowered the girl, and I am afraid the highmounts may hit the swingarm if I don't stiffen her up...

Cheers,

Tony

I used a drift punch and a hammer. There is a tool but most guys here that I know of, did it the same way I did.

Don

Do you have the HMFs? Another thing that I did right after installation is put a steel bar thru the swing arm pivot hole and jack stands on both sides and support the bike like that. Then I disconnected the dogbones and moved the swing arm the full range of motion to ensure that it didn't touch the exhaust.

Don

Hammer & flat end file...

3.jpg

(USN05LE @ Sep. 23 2007,13:19) Do you have the HMFs?  Another thing that I did right after installation is put a steel bar thru the swing arm pivot hole and jack stands on both sides and support the bike like that.  Then I disconnected the dogbones and moved the swing arm the full range of motion to ensure that it didn't touch the exhaust.

Don
Hi Don,

Thanks for the info.
Yes I have the highmounts, just put them on a month ago.The only spot I get that hits is the bottom of the mounting brackets for the mufflers hit the tops of the stock swingarm bracing. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting my custom arm from Velocity, and its coming with underbracing instead.

Do you get that big a$$ grin on your face when you open her up and listen to the pipes too??? hehehe

Cheers,

Tony

(TXBusa05LE @ Sep. 23 2007,14:10) Hammer & flat end file...
I was thinking of something like that TX...wasn't sure if it would chisel off the nipples on the adjusters...Thanks

Cheers,

Tony

(toastman @ Sep. 24 2007,06:47) Do you get that big a$$ grin on your face when you open her up and listen to the pipes too??? hehehe
absolutely
biggrin.gif
i have the HMF's also and Red05 and i just used a screwdriver and hammer to adjust mine...i think he did it the same way with his...let's see a pic of your bike

It's called a spanner wrench. Pretty cheap to buy.

Still, I just used a hammer and long screwdriver.
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Spanner Wrench:

d_6673.jpg

Back